Bristol Brouhaha 7/3

In 24 hours Cadets went from a tenth behind BD in drums, to two tenths ahead. 16.9 is a big score.

I actual thought brass and percussion were going to flip flop from last night with Cadets taking percussion tonight and BD taking brass. However there was no brass judge tonight so I'll just shut up now.

Way to go Troop. Music seems right on track. Visual needs work. A lot.

I actual thought brass and percussion were going to flip flop from last night with Cadets taking percussion tonight and BD taking brass. However there was no brass judge tonight so I'll just shut up now.

To your point, they did swap in musical analysis with BD taking 1st tonight. Cadets took that caption last night.

• Like 1

To your point, they did swap in musical analysis with BD taking 1st tonight. Cadets took that caption last night.

Good point.

Different shows, panels, and all that...however...

Very quietly, only 7 points (and change) currently separate 6th-15th places.

Undoubtedly, that will change. But still....

I can't help but think this is intentional on the part of DCI. The overall low scores to start the season are part of that alleged plan, too. I think it's a good thing.

Just got back from the show. It was probably so quiet from attendees because cell service at the stadium was terrible. For those who have been to Bristol, it was Bristol. For those who have never been to Bristol, it was a show in a very small high school stadium in a town that loves the 4th of July. I don't feel qualified to offer much commentary on the performances since I bought a $10 lawn seat and was watching from the 5 yard line just barely higher than field level on the side of the bleachers. I'd say that I'm not surprised by any of the placements or spreads with the exception perhaps of the Open Class results (but I guess that's for another section of DCP).

I did spend a couple hours at The Cadets rehearsal site this afternoon and I have to say that they look and sound pretty unbelievably good up close and personal. The level of detailing during the ensemble rehearsal was very impressive, especially for July 4. Again, with my vantage point acknowledged, I think they were better in rehearsal than in the show and the level of demand is unreal. I expect to see some flip flopping as the season progresses with placements between them and BD.

• Like 1

I can't help but think this is intentional on the part of DCI. The overall low scores to start the season are part of that alleged plan, too. I think it's a good thing.

Could be. The rankings right now show no placements difference of any major shifts from last season right now.... despite thousands of new marchers in all these Corps. Its amazing that hardly any of the 22 World Class Division Corps have moved up nor down more than a placement or two.. Part of this might be the half judging panels having its cumulative effect..... who knows.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Don't get to excited it was a limited panel.

I don't think anybody gets excited over placements in a halfazz panel.

If DCI , or the show sponsors, arn't too " excited " enough to give these performers 100% committments regarding full judging panels, why should any fan give ANY of these halfazz size panels any " excitement ".

Well, most of us ( such as you ) don't. So thats that.

Edited by BRASSO