Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

Sure. And some get an idea in their heads and run with it, even if it's a bad idea.

Phantom's design team had a bad idea. Maybe they tried their best to make it work, but I'm sure at some point in the planning process they probably thought of several ideas that would have worked way better. And by sticking to their guns for a bad concept, either they're flat out bad at what they do, or they didn't care to try anything else. Either way, this is a net failure of a design for a corps that would be pretty good with a show that worked.

Wow.

• Like 2

Sure. And some get an idea in their heads and run with it, even if it's a bad idea.

Phantom's design team had a bad idea. Maybe they tried their best to make it work, but I'm sure at some point in the planning process they probably thought of several ideas that would have worked way better. And by sticking to their guns for a bad concept, either they're flat out bad at what they do, or they didn't care to try anything else. Either way, this is a net failure of a design for a corps that would be pretty good with a show that worked.

Curious why you didn't tell PR last winter that they had a bad idea ....

• Like 1

Because I, unlike their design team, was not present.

Had I been, I certainly would have raised my hand and said, "you know what, guys..."

Let me just say this:

ALL of the members of the design team have had great success with world class DCI corps. I have worked with many of them and most are close personal friends.

In the past I've been present at design meetings with them. Trust me this idea would not have gone forward if even one person thought the idea would not work. It's not a bad idea. It's an idea that has depth, it has quality design, it has a clear and concise direction that it achieves. Had you read the recap you'd see the main issue with PR is not in design, but in percussion.

Lastly, do you know how f*#%ing difficult it is to have a corps in the top 7?!?! The top 5 are all incredible this year and Blue Knights have come out to surprise everyone.

Even with the most talented kids, Poorly designed shows, with bad ideas end up in the 12-15 range or lower.

• Like 2

Let me just say this:

ALL of the members of the design team have had great success with world class DCI corps. I have worked with many of them and most are close personal friends.

In the past I've been present at design meetings with them. Trust me this idea would not have gone forward if even one person thought the idea would not work. It's not a bad idea. It's an idea that has depth, it has quality design, it has a clear and concise direction that it achieves. Had you read the recap you'd see the main issue with PR is not in design, but in percussion.

Lastly, do you know how f*#%ing difficult it is to have a corps in the top 7?!?! The top 5 are all incredible this year and Blue Knights have come out to surprise everyone.

Even with the most talented kids, Poorly designed shows, with bad ideas end up in the 12-15 range or lower.

Hey newbie, why are you quoting me? I'm calling out FuriousSoundByte. Your fight is with them, bud.

Hey newbie, why are you quoting me? I'm calling out FuriousSoundByte. Your fight is with them, bud.

Doubt it was on purpose

My apologies, I meant to call him out not you. I am most definitely a newbie to the threads I often sit back and watch/listen. However, I did not take kindly to anyone insulting personal friends and colleagues of mine.

Let me just say this:

Edited by drumsnguard

Because I, unlike their design team, was not present.

Had I been, I certainly would have raised my hand and said, "you know what, guys..."

Yeah, I'll stick with the professionals doing that job, thank you very much. Regiment has made finals every year since the first time. They know what they are doing. I wonder how many on this forum have marched in a top 12 corps, never the less a DCI winning corps? Until that happens, your opinion doesn't hold much weight. Sorry.

• Like 1