Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

I did. And I would rather watch them march with those black atrocities than the bags they have on now.

Interesting. I think the uniforms last year were awful and the ones this year are pretty beautiful. Not their best, but still not bad.

• Like 1

What I'd like in a Phantom uni: classy all white, with gold accents. That's it. Nothing complicated.

What I'd like in a Phantom uni: classy all white, with gold accents. That's it. Nothing complicated.

I still contend these are some of the prettiest uniforms in DCI history:

02_17_2014_phantom10_600x350.jpg

Maybe make the circlet/buttons and the outer fabric of the gauntlets gold, and that's a hell of a uniform for a show like this. How they've gone from those beauties to the frumpy grocery bags they're wearing now is beyond me.

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte
  • Like 2

I still contend these are some of the prettiest uniforms in DCI history:

02_17_2014_phantom10_600x350.jpg

Maybe make the circlet/buttons and the outer fabric of the gauntlets gold, and that's a hell of a uniform for a show like this. How they've gone from those beauties to the frumpy grocery bags they're wearing now is beyond me.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

The corps sounded good last night at the Georgia dome. they obviously let the brass loose last night. and they were fairly clean. it's just a simple fact that the show is so weak they are just stuck in 7 or 8th, hopefully not lower.

Not trying to stir the pot, but a true question: what are the chances that Madison catches Phantom? Madison is .7 behind Phantom-- what does Madison need to do to pull ahead of Phantom, and what does Phantom need to do to stay ahead?

What are the odds of Madison pulling ahead?

Not trying to stir the pot, but a true question: what are the chances that Madison catches Phantom? Madison is .7 behind Phantom-- what does Madison need to do to pull ahead of Phantom, and what does Phantom need to do to stay ahead?

What are the odds of Madison pulling ahead?

Madison passing Phantom is definitely not out of the realm of possibility but neither is Phantom surging past Madison either. It really depends on how much Phantom and Madison are planning on tweaking their shows. I'm not sure what Madison is planning but I know Phantom has some changes incoming.

An interesting thing I've noticed is that Phantom has been moving ahead or creeping up on Madison in some of the performance captions (especially percussion) while stagnating in GE. If Phantom's changes are a miss in the eyes of the judges, Madison can definitely pass Phantom up.

I'd like to see a variation on the classic Regiment uniform: black pants, white top, black sash...I'd leave the plume in.

That would be a throw back to the '80's.