Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

What are we even talking about here? Last time I checked (about 5 mins ago) the corps was ranked in 7th place. While that would seem to suggest that they are not in medal contention this year, is being in the single digits really cause for such doom and gloom? I know a lot of other corps out there that would love to be in such an awful position.

In fact, I think the corps is performing way better than this thread, which has already outlived its life expectancy.

Considering the OP dropped this festering pile of excrement (thread) on us and bailed I totally agree.

• Like 1

Phantom will be fine. We very much enjoyed the show in ATL, as did the rest of the crowd. Big applause, lots of t-shirts sold.

The gold on the unis is striking and the guard is elegant.

I think alums may be ticked off at being passed by BK at the moment. The crowd did not seem in to that show, but I guess judges like brass that flitters across the field waving their hands...not my cup of tea.

Edited by c mor
  • Like 1

To answer: PR will fall from 8th place last year to 7th place this year.

The horror :shutup:

The horror :shutup:

Yes, I must apologize - I misread the placements on my prior post. last year 8th in prelims, 7th in finals - switching places with BK.

Yes, I must apologize - I misread the placements on my prior post. last year 8th in prelims, 7th in finals - switching places with BK.

I was more being sarcastic but I get what you meant haha

Why is this still open??? To all those hate filled people who have been posting here what seems forever.

You all are cowards, wimps, bullies, and more which I can't say on here.

What an amazing contradiction from one sentence to the next. The level of criticism (fairly or unfairly) directed toward the staff and management of the corps pales dramatically in comparison to the personal vitriol you just spewed.

Some have stated in this thread that they're glad that posters on DCP aren't inside the organization. I'm glad jonwoody isn't either. Yikes.

DCP take this down already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why exactly? There's discourse. What I'm reading is: "Take this down because it contradicts my opinion."

The internet: where you can't disagree with someone and be civil about it.

• Like 4

Phantom will be fine. We very much enjoyed the show in ATL, as did the rest of the crowd. Big applause, lots of t-shirts sold.

The gold on the unis is striking and the guard is elegant.

I think alums may be ticked off at being passed by BK at the moment. The crowd did not seem in to that show, but I guess judges like brass that flitters across the field waving their hands...not my cup of tea.

While I enjoy PR's show more musically, I enjoy BK's show more visually. Phantom's brass flitters across the fiel plenty this season too.

• Like 2

While I enjoy PR's show more musically, I enjoy BK's show more visually. Phantom's brass flitters across the fiel plenty this season too.

Probably more correct of me to say, I noticed BK to the point of distraction.

I have ceased viewing shows in hyper critical mode these days. I try to just enjoy what the corps present. Visual and design is not my focus, but I may notice a 'thing' here or there.

PR resonates with me. If any mms do read the thread, want them to know this dc fan really enjoyed their show in ATL.

• Like 1

What an amazing contradiction from one sentence to the next. The level of criticism (fairly or unfairly) directed toward the staff and management of the corps pales dramatically in comparison to the personal vitriol you just spewed.

Some have stated in this thread that they're glad that posters on DCP aren't inside the organization. I'm glad jonwoody isn't either. Yikes.

Why exactly? There's discourse. What I'm reading is: "Take this down because it contradicts my opinion."

I don't think some people are able to divorce the objective approach of criticizing design from subjective feelings towards the corps. Some of us "haters" love the corps, just wish that they were living up to higher design standards, ones they used to hold and display.

As for Hector Projector, "I don't understand/my feelings are hurt, therefore I'm mad and must make you feel bad because I feel bad." Dude, whatever. Chill.

This^^^^^ ..............Spot on!

I find it interesting that for some it isn't enough to just let the conversation fade on its own.....we need "Big DCP" to step in and fix us....and shut er' down. What a pile. God knows we can't think on our own, we need help to decide what we talk about and what we don't..... poor stupid us! :blink:

Edited by Plan9