Belated Annual Predictions

I think the point of the OP is that this be a mid season prediction thread. Whereas the first thread was meant more for the start of the season. He's had this tread before

We really don't need two threads. Just tack on to the current one and say "updated because once I saw how the corps were scoring I realized how wrong I was".

• Like 1

whoever scores highest finals night in the score column after all penalties are calculated wins

• Like 1

I will take a stab at it:

Blue Devils

Cadets

Santa Clara

Bluecoats

Crown

Blue Knights

Cavaliers

Phantom

Madison

Blue Stars

Boston

Crossmen

• Like 1

The OP has been around awhile, so one must wonder why their picks were not added to the other prediction topic.

Hi thanks.

Basically becaue these are (always are) mid-season predictions and the other predicitions thread started in August 2014. Probably should have titled my thread/topic 'Mid-season Predictions'

If we close this and post in the original predictions thread/topic, how is one going to know where the mid-season predictions start in the original predictions thread/topic (Which is 180+ pages)?

mods whatever you would like to do....afterall its a simple 'copy/paste' for me to place in different thread/topic... :)

Some Mid Season Thoughts:

No idea where Bluecoats stand with Crown, Cadets, and BD. I hope them touring on their own competitively until next week doesn't hurt them, who knows. SCV did last year and they ended up just fine. I'm ignoring the TOC Shows, looking for how Denton next week goes down.

Blue Knights and Cavaliers seem like the solid 6th/7th right now, not sure about which is which, will be fun to see them finally meet up in San Antonio.

I want to see Phantom Regiment, Boston Crusaders, Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, and Crossmen in the same show. Not saying they're all necessarily at the same level, however scoring, mainly for Boston, Blue Stars, Madison, and Crossmen, has me clueless as to where they stand with each other right now. Before I make ANY prediction in relation to where they stand, I need to see where they stand with each other. Something tells me there are gonna be some BIG score fluctuations when they finally meet up on Saturday.

I think that Troopers, The Academy, Colts all could make a finals run. I think Troopers need to clean like hell, The Academy just needs to make sure the show has legs, and the Colts are all around strong with some changes and edits to do. I think Colts and Troopers have a little more room to grow, but I'm not counting out The Academy, their show is in really good shape. Three really great shows.

Spirit is competing well now. Comments on the show continue to worry me, they're consistent. I'll wait to see a good recording myself. Down the road around Atlanta is going to be pivotal.

Oregon Crusaders I'm clueless on. Maybe a little of a rough start, however Saturday will be a huge indicator of where they currently stand in relation to corps like Pacific Crest and the Mandarins. I think all these corps have much stronger vehicles than last year, and I don't see more than one or two getting beat by BDB/SCVC.

Cascades will make semifinals, I would be shocked if they don't. I think they could be as high as 19th - 20th. Good for them, most improved corps of the year. Big fan of the show!

Need another read on Surf.

Pioneer is improved, but so are Legends and 7th Regiment. Then you have Genesis, Blue Devils B, Spartans, and SCVC. Music City isn't far behind either. I see Pioneer competing with those corps, no slight to Pioneer. I'd consider a bunch of those Open Class corps at a World Class level. They changed some things this year and IMO it's paying off. I think they'll be a corps to watch over coming seasons.

Jubal is a wildcard. The last time they came over in 2011 they were 33rd. This years product is A LOT better than their show then. I could see them competing in the upper half of Open Class, really solid group.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Ah haaa! So they do like to tread on others.

As long as no one treads on me. (As a New Englander, Ghost, I would hope that you would "get" the inference.

1.Cadets

2.Crown

3.Blue Devils

4.SCV

5.BlueCoats

6.Cavies

7.Blue Knights

8.Phantom

9.Boston

10.Blue Stars

11.Madison

12.Crossmen