San Antonio Lineup

Open Class scores from Manchester, to bear in mind when S.A. scores for Genesis, Jubal, et al. are announced:

1. 65.100 7th Regiment

2. 63.700 Spartans

3. 53.600 Stentors

For the moment, that puts 7th Regiment in second, ahead of Genesis and Blue Devils B, and behind only Vanguard Cadets.

All from different shows, of course. We'll have a much better sense of how they all really compare starting next Friday.

(Wouldn't it be a hoot if, in addition to a tight race between BDB, SCVC, 7th, Genesis, Legends, Music City, and perhaps Gold, it turned out that Coastal Surge, who debuts Friday, had really turned on the heat last season and were at the level of, say, Columbians?)

Go 7th Regiment! IMO they should be ahead of Spartans all season long. Really dig their show. I'm expecting Genesis and Louisiana Stars to be in that neighborhood.

My impressions of Spirit: Gorgeous, gorgeous brass sound. Much better than last year (percussion seemed improved too). I still can't tell you what this show is about at all honestly, but the arrangements are beautiful and I found myself very entertained. I hope to see these guys make a push for finals, as unlikely as that seems right now.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken

Awesome stuff Academy! Holy cow snare hype.... The rest of the line needs to get on that guys page. Lol.

Reminds me of that awesome tenor player on the Bluecoats

• Like 1