It's just about midseason. What are the best and favorite shows of

Its a toss up between SCV and Cadets.

SCV show is very creative and still entertaining to this slightly older fan.

Cadets seem to have the best vehicle to win from what I saw on the fan network.

I believe Cadets will win this year from what I saw not only in performance quality and potential, but the overall vehicle is better designed this year.

I also think the BD got hurt by the Europe experience, but I cannot be certain of that.(Practice time lost)

I think the competition from 10-15 will be super tight as none of those corps have solid vehicles to ensure a top 12 finish.

I also think on Friday Semi-finals, only 4 OC corps will make the show. Cascades should make semi-finals this year. Not too sure about JS.

Another real battle will be in the 17-21 slots. Those corps are all tightly bunched as well. Go OC!

San Antonio will not come soon enough to help sort out position. Looking forward to that show.

I also think the BD got hurt by the Europe experience, but I cannot be certain of that.(Practice time lost)

The Blue Devils did not go to Europe this Summer, the Blue Devils International Corps is there. Totally different group.

• Like 4

I have to say that outside of a few corps that are a little 'meh' to me right now (primarily Crossmen, Boston, and Regiment), I like most of what almost everyone has put out there, to the point where I really don't care at all about placements. Any of the top five could win, I'd be happy, any of them could be 5th, I'd be happy.

Wishing Cavaliers could find a way to build on the thematic elements and clean the package enough to make the 4th-6th spots their own competition, but not sure that's in the cards.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

All of the top five corps at this moment are rocking their particular shows, each has great moments and I am really enjoying this season. IMO based on the total package unless something major happens to shake this up it looks like it's the Cadets year. It should be very interesting. After seeing the Warrensburg MO show I knew they would have a hard time (judges) placing them. I wasn't surprised by the tie between SCV and Crown. I can't wait to see how it shakes out in San Antonio.

Whenever the question posed is " mid".. anything, INT is at the top of my list.

Alright so this brought a question up to me. Almost every single comet is about top 5 shows. So what does the lower groups have to do to become best and favorite?

Play better and louder, probably. Crossmen had one of my favorite corps in 2012 because the music was so great and they were playing out of their minds. If more lower corps can do that, then they'll be on my top favorites list too.

1) Bloooooooooooooooo

2) Crown

3) Scouts

4) BK

So what does the lower groups have to do to become best and favorite?

These are 2 separate questions many times however,... requiring perhaps 2 different responses.

Favs:

1. Crown - I love all their tunes, great horn show, and they have the best design (minimalist props) in all of drum corps.

2. Cadets - Greatness everywhere, great horn show defined by all the people who didn't even know Shostakovitch had a Tenth Symphony, and now everybody is humming the last two minutes of it like they've heard it all their life. The great corps bring that to you.

(I like the other top 5 shows, I just didn't want to rank them all. Other obvious great shows are obvious)

Other:

Troopers - I just love the whole show concept, great musical selections and arranging

Louisiana Stars - Wow! Saw them on DCI Live! and was blown away by this very entertaining, well designed and well marched show!

Uniforms:

LOTS of great unis this year. Cadets (always), Blue Devils (love the red, white, blue), Phantom (love the visually spectacular white). The worst unis have a lot of gray in them and are visually uninteresting. Blue Stars unis are fantastic. SCV's uniform is fantastically woven into the show design, not unlike the Cadets Angels and Demons from a few years ago.

Best Guard and best guard unis: Blue Devils

Best Horn line: Cadets, then Crown, with BD, and Bloo right at the top with them. To pick one over the other is splitting hairs between lines that are all 9.9's. Special shout-out to Cavies great sounding horns.

Best Snares: Cadets, not just because of their playing, but because of the great snare drum tuning, it's the best. No other line sounds like Cadets when they are exposed and ripping across the field. BD and Bloo are right there as well.

Bloo has an incredible tenor line. Bloo's center tenor is the best drummer (maybe most enjoyable to watch) on the field. The guy is special and worth the price of admission. Everyone should play with his obvious love of performing.

+++

Last Score Announced at Finals: Cadets!

Edited by wvu80