San Antonio - Guard Perspective

This year's guard uniform and color scheme is very reminiscent of the SideXSide show they did a few years back, very simplistic and classic cadets.

When I think of some of the really great and classic Cadets guards from the past, simple color schemes don't come to mind. 92, 93,96, 97 ( :wub: ), 98( :wub: :wub:), 99, '00, 03 all had hugely diverse color schemes that changes wildly from song to song. 98 literally just went through the rainbow.

Edited by Citizen-Seth
  • Like 1

ahhh but would it be the wrong shade for LOS..guess we will see :smile:

I've been to Ireland and have seen the greens. I'm also a vegetable gardener and photograph my greens. Good luck in LOS :smile:

When I think of some of the really great and classic Cadets guards from the past, simple color schemes don't come to mind. 92, 93,96, 97 ( :wub: ), 98( :wub: :wub:), 99, '00, 03 all had hugely diverse color schemes that changes wildly from song to song. 98 literally just went through the rainbow.

Exactly. Classic Cadets = wide ranging color schemes that compliment the theme of show, and the other colors in the show, beautifully. My favorite Cadets show, color wise, is '96. The bursts of color from the flags, and from those huge blue panels when they were spun around. Incredible.

• Like 1

I think with Crown guard the ballads opening up front is written very well. Sabres are not a problem and are staged effectively around the corps. I even don't mind the Flag line staging, my problem is the flag line flag itself, I do agree with a lot of people that so much red on red on red is a problem. I think the flag line should have either had flame flags with them being the fire, with the corps under the red fabric trying to escape from hell or had half the flag line in with the corps and the other half partnering with the sabres.

Just an opinion but I do love the ballad, the emotion that comes from everyone is fantastic.

• Like 2

After watching 10 hours of video feed from San Antonio, Crown's guard is expressive (love the red), Madison's guard is entertaining, Blue Star's guard is more entertaining, SCV's guard is captivating and intertwined. Blue Knights guard hides behind mirrors until they're called upon to create a palette to augment the music. Clever!

• Like 1

I've been to Ireland and have seen the greens. I'm also a vegetable gardener and photograph my greens. Good luck in LOS :smile:

When it comes to the color green that counts the most, the Blue Devils have it in spades.

When it comes to the color green that counts the most, the Blue Devils have it in spades.

It's a long story. Let it be. Let us celebrate guard members in this thread please

It's a long story. Let it be. Let us celebrate guard members in this thread please

Sure, but don't sound so blue.. ok ?