"Best Crabbing"...

Is it on 301? I think I saw a crab place driving home from work one day when I lived in Bowie.

I wonder where he is. I haven't seen him on here all season.

That sounds in the neighborhood. I recall it being literally out off a smaller road though with nothing around it much. This was years ago though.

It was a non-descript wood building. The indoor seating was smallish but there was a covered outdoor seating area with standard wooden picnic tables. They'd tear off a roll of butcher paper to cover it and just start bringing you buckets of crabs.

I'll look around on the web in a bit.

That sounds in the neighborhood. I recall it being literally out off a smaller road though with nothing around it much. This was years ago though.

It was a non-descript wood building. The indoor seating was smallish but there was a covered outdoor seating area with standard wooden picnic tables. They'd tear off a roll of butcher paper to cover it and just start bringing you buckets of crabs.

I'll look around on the web in a bit.

I'm gonna look that up myself as well. Thanks for the info!!!

Dear Beating Heart Skip,

I apologize for hijacking your thread to crab shacks unlimited.

It's supper time when I began reading the thread, and I admit to being a crustacean addict. Crabs anytime for me. I don't even need those little wooden hammers I stole, I mean borrowed, from those nice Front Ensemble folks.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain it was this…although I seem to remember it being less brightly colored inside and smaller with a wooden roof on pillars for the outdoor seating. That was years ago though, so I imagine they've remodeled and repainted at some point.

http://www.fatboyscrabshack.com

I'm fairly certain it was this…although I seem to remember it being less brightly colored inside and smaller with a wooden roof on pillars for the outdoor seating. That was years ago though, so I imagine they've remodeled and repainted at some point.

http://www.fatboyscrabshack.com

That's the place. I never stopped in. I will do so asap. Thank you.

Not entirely sure to be honest. I wasn't driving when we went and only vaguely paying attention. I do remember actually saying "What the hell is this place doing out here?" when we arrived. I don't see anything on their menu about straight up buckets'o'crabs, but that may be something they run in season.

But seriously, if you have connections to someone who runs a crabbing boat, just work those connections and buy a bunch of beer for them and have a big cookout.

Not entirely sure to be honest. I wasn't driving when we went and only vaguely paying attention. I do remember actually saying "What the hell is this place doing out here?" when we arrived. I don't see anything on their menu about straight up buckets'o'crabs, but that may be something they run in season.

But seriously, if you have connections to someone who runs a crabbing boat, just work those connections and buy a bunch of beer for them and have a big cookout.

Me and cooking don't get along lol...

Dude! I live in DC! Where's the best place to go in Bmore for some Crabs???

OMG all this talk about crabs is making me itchy. :wacko:

Edited by jonwoody
  • Like 2