2016 Productions

Simple game.

Name a corps or two and then tell us about their 2016 program.

If you want to go into detail about repertoire, etc., go ahead.

Be as creative and/or serious as you want.

End your post with a question for the next person to answer.

I'll go first -

Blue Devils presents their 2016 production "Clocks".

They make a bunch of different clock formations, lots of syncopation in music to visuals, guard tosses pendulums.

Corps plays jazz, Philip Glass, Messiaen, Tichelli, and maybe some drum corps-ized arrangement of something from Haydn's "Clock" Symphony.

Should we leave Coldplay out of it, or maybe use it in pre-show?

Honest to God.. I can see BD doing that, and winning.

• Like 2

I'll do another one to try and kickstart this thread again. Get your creative juices flowing!

Blue Stars presents their 2016 production "Stars Down Under".

Guard uses boomerangs and there is a didgeridoo player in the pit.

They make a perfect visual representation of the island-nation of Australia.

Do they add Tasmania to that set?

Give me some time to think one up for Crown!

I'll do another one to try and kickstart this thread again. Get your creative juices flowing!

Blue Stars presents their 2016 production "Stars Down Under".

Guard uses boomerangs and there is a didgeridoo player in the pit.

They make a perfect visual representation of the island-nation of Australia.

Do they add Tasmania to that set?

No, they leave Tasmania for the Devils.

Phantom Regiment present their 2016 production "Off with Their Heads: The Wives of Henry VIII".

The hornline marches one movement playing sackbutts, cornetti, and serpents, with an electronic hurdy-gurdy in the pit.

The whole corps is outfitted in Tudor-period costumes.

Do the men wear codpieces?

• Like 1

2016 Open Class corps Star of Indiana present: "The Music of Barber and Bartok II: Maybe You'll Get it Now"

• Like 5

Carolina Crown presents the 2016 program: Revelation

To fit the dark and ominous theme of "Inferno", Carolina Crown takes you on the foreboding journey of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Conquest, War, Famine and Death. Hell was just the beginning.

Repertoire includes:

Grant Them Eternal Rest - Andrew Boysen Jr.

The Isle of the Dead - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Op. 74 "Pathetique" - Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Original composition - Michael Klesch (Had to).

Adagio for Strings - Samuel Barber

There will also be a uniform change to symbolize the defeat of the horsemen. Back to the old cream uniforms. This GE would be astounding.

Edited by Zerix
  • Like 1

The Cavaliers 2016 Production - Do Not Go Gentle

A show based on the poem Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Something dark and wicked. A demented guard that is the antagonizer towards the marching members. Dissonant, loud, brash, and an intensely aggressive closer.

A flugelhorn solo to open the show would be cool, something to set an eerie tone. Maybe a theme could be like short stabs by the high brass while the low brass plays the heavy theme. Just something really demented would be a fun character for an all male guard in my opinion.

• Like 1

Bluecoats 2016 Present Dr. Atmoic

(I WANNA SEE THEM DO THIS given their treatment of John Adams and similar music in recent years).

"Doctor Atomic concerns the final hours leading up to the first atomic bomb explosion at the Alamagordo test site in New Mexico in July of 1945. The focal characters are the physicist and Manhattan Project director, Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer; his wife Kitty; Edward Teller; and General Leslie Groves, the US Army commander of the project. The theme for this opera was suggested to Adams by Pamela Rosenberg, General Director of the San Franciso Opera. The libretto of Doctor Atomic was created by Peter Sellars, drawing on original source material, including personal memoirs, recorded interviews, technical manuals of nuclear physics, declassified government documents, and the poetry of Muriel Rukeyser, an American poet and contemporary of Oppenheimer."

• Like 3

Bluecoats 2016 Present Dr. Atmoic

(I WANNA SEE THEM DO THIS given their treatment of John Adams and similar music in recent years).

"Doctor Atomic concerns the final hours leading up to the first atomic bomb explosion at the Alamagordo test site in New Mexico in July of 1945. The focal characters are the physicist and Manhattan Project director, Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer; his wife Kitty; Edward Teller; and General Leslie Groves, the US Army commander of the project. The theme for this opera was suggested to Adams by Pamela Rosenberg, General Director of the San Franciso Opera. The libretto of Doctor Atomic was created by Peter Sellars, drawing on original source material, including personal memoirs, recorded interviews, technical manuals of nuclear physics, declassified government documents, and the poetry of Muriel Rukeyser, an American poet and contemporary of Oppenheimer."

Not gonna lie, that sounds bad ###.