2016 Productions

Not gonna lie, that sounds bad ###.

Someone needs to tackle that...............Carolina Crown and Blue Stars come to mind as two others that I could see using that as at least an inspiration. Saw a high school in Texas use it as a theme with "Salvation is Created" mixed in, and man it was intense and AWESOME.

Someone needs to tackle that...............Carolina Crown and Blue Stars come to mind as two others that I could see using that as at least an inspiration. Saw a high school in Texas use it as a theme with "Salvation is Created" mixed in, and man it was intense and AWESOME.

Starts around 3:00.

Starts around 3:00.

THAT WAS FANTASTIC! I'd love to see any g8 corps do it. Mostly Crown or Cadets honestly.

"(Corps to be named later, because this show is so great EVERYONE will want to do it) presents its 2016 production: Rings! A contemporary art piece through music examining big cultural phenomenons, both Hollywood and ESPN in style!" The show will be 5 mini movements that transition into the next, each ending with a giant circle on the field. This show CLEARLY needs to start off with some loud Lord of the Rings hits. The next movement will move smoothly with ease into a Drum Corps-ified version of the Newly Weds Game and Theme song complete with voice overs and hysterical commentary, this movement will bring audiences to their feet with laughter! Obviously, there would be a Halo ballad, ya know the chamber choir styled theme song from the hit video game about a giant ring planet flying in space! Crowds hearts will fall to pieces with such elegance of the slow section. Gracefully this show picks back up with a super jazzified version of Beyonce's "Single Ladies!" What Drum Corps fan WOULDN'T want to see this song done. I swear, whenever I'm in the lot, and I ask kids in corps after shows what song they would love to put on the field, 9/10 their response is "Man, I really wanna park, bark, and move my hips to some "Single Ladies!" Or, "ya know, our show is currently scoring very well, but it just doesn't feel right without a Beyonce tune." Then, for the most dramatic and GE filled moment in DCI history, the fifth movement, and ring, appears while the corps is playing some dragged out transitional piece, John Cage's 5'33'' comes to mind, until the other four movements/rings come out of the shadows(oh yeah, i forgot to mention there are huge bright pink, square props all over the field) and form the 5 Olympic rings. When that set hits, the Olympic fanfare by John Williams instantly blares out of the hornline and the crowd goes nuts! I really don't understand how this show could score low, so anticipate this crowd and judge pleaser to be on Saturday night!. I CANT wait for the corps reps contacting me to lead their design team. IM READY!

• Like 1

For serious this time...

2016 Carolina Crown presents "Vegetable: What It Means To Be Consumed". Carolina Crown details the vicious battle between roots and fruits in this epic presentation! We'll explore what it means to photosynthesize and grow straight from the ground, and then honor the spirit of the vegetable with a dramatization of the Great Produce War and faithful arrangements of a few traditional vegetable folk songs played by the best brass in DCI. Finally, witness the shocking and brutal mutilation of a young carrot and its placement on a fresh garden salad. "Vegetable: What It Means To Be Consumed" will open your eyes to a whole new world you've never seen before, from humble origins to an untimely demise.

• Like 2

We haven't reached the offseason yet

Actually a handful of years ago I remember watching BD's practice in Allentown pa and heard Wayne Downey on his cell phone talking about auditions for the next years corps.....some corps get things moving earlier than we think.

Jersey Surf 2016 - Web Surfing a turmbulent ride on the Information Super Highway with a final destination of DCP :)

Edited by Triple Forte

For serious this time...

2016 Carolina Crown presents "Vegetable: What It Means To Be Consumed". Carolina Crown details the vicious battle between roots and fruits in this epic presentation!

You can't be " serious ". You want Crown to do a show that depicts a battle between the fruits and the roots ?

Edited by BRASSO

For serious this time...

2016 Carolina Crown presents "Vegetable: What It Means To Be Consumed". Carolina Crown details the vicious battle between roots and fruits in this epic presentation! We'll explore what it means to photosynthesize and grow straight from the ground, and then honor the spirit of the vegetable with a dramatization of the Great Produce War and faithful arrangements of a few traditional vegetable folk songs played by the best brass in DCI. Finally, witness the shocking and brutal mutilation of a young carrot and its placement on a fresh garden salad. "Vegetable: What It Means To Be Consumed" will open your eyes to a whole new world you've never seen before, from humble origins to an untimely demise.

It makes me think of this classic:

BD Y2K

Bluecoats Y3K

Crown Cold as Hell

Cadets Women President(s), Back to the Future

SCV The Book of Mormon

Phantom Sleeping Beauty

Cavailers Game Over

Blue Knights The John Denver Experience

Madison Scouts Airplane 1975

Pioneer The Wait is Over

Troopers Sing-Sing