Hattiesburg Happenings (July 22)

Bloo brought it tonight.....so much energy. I think they outperformed BD, but BD was cleaner

• Like 1

I'm picking Bloo over Blue. Their show just looked cleaner and to me, more interesting overall.

BD's show doesn't have as many "wow" moments as BC, IMO.

I'm not sure BlooHorns will win the night. Using the headphones I got to hear the tuba feature with all 16 tubas down front popping quarter notes left right left across the field. I know that's a cool effect and all, but they have to be getting killed in brass for that, as it comes across muddy, not articulate like a string bass.

I don't think its the musicians, I think its the nature of the tuba sound, not precise with regards to attack and release. I bet if they had bass drums behind them accent the notes it would be more clean, but really, I'm just guessing based on what I know about bass drums.

Edited by wvu80

Nice run Blooo! Ending was the strongest it's been of the past 3 shows!!

Definitely agree. Still is missing something. Don't know what yet, but hopefully it hits by Allentown

Is it missing the support of some of its alumni? *coughingsounds *

Umm, wut

Just went back and watched the changes BD made, first thought was that I liked the original better but after a second look the new closer is pretty sweet!

• Like 2

BD made many changes since last week. Getting cleaner, but not BD clean yet. San Antonio should be interesting.

• Like 1