DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

for the record guys

i made a perfectly objective observation about the Cadets design and was attacked without provocation with responses that had nothing to do with my original post. guy went on a rant. said crown won *only* because they wore those dark? purple pants.

i don't mind honest honks.

i do mind fakes.

sunshine. it's a beech.

• Like 1

for the record guys

i made a perfectly objective observation about the Cadets design and was attacked without provocation with responses that had nothing to do with my original post. guy went on a rant. said crown won *only* because they wore those dark? purple pants.

i do mind fakes.

sunshine. it's a beech.

I'm picking up what your putting down. Homeboy is very much not reading what he's writing.

for the record guys

i do mind fakes.

sunshine. it's a beech.

If saying "the guard is not really making a major contribution to the visual effect" is an objective observation, I'd hate to see what you think of the guards scoring below them. Yeesh...

If saying "the guard is not really making a major contribution to the visual effect" is an objective observation, I'd hate to see what you think of the guards scoring below them. Yeesh...

My assumption is that corpsband read this wonderful and insightful review by guardguy89 on this link: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/162851-top-5-guards-atlanta/

and ended up misunderstanding what he said. Instead of saying that the Cadets' guard adds the least to the visual program out of the top 5, he said that they don't really make a contribution to the visual effect which are two very different things when taken out of context like it has atleast 100 times now. So yes, everyone is literally arguing over dumb semantics. Are we done now?

where have i ever mentioned the score of the cadets guard? not sure where you're getting that. :crazy:

Edited by corpsband

where have i ever mentioned the score of the cadets guard? not sure where you're getting that. :crazy:

You didn't. I did.

I'm asking - If the Cadets guard isn't contributing visually to the show (which is pretty much the whole point of a color guard), but are still managing to outscore at least half of the other guards in the top 12, what is your opinion of the design of those guards behind them? Is the Cadets guard getting by solely on execution?

You didn't. I did.

I'm asking - If the Cadets guard isn't contributing visually to the show (which is pretty much the whole point of a color guard), but are still managing to outscore at least half of the other guards in the top 12, what is your opinion of the design of those guards behind them? Is the Cadets guard getting by solely on execution?

My contention is that the guard is very rarely the focus of the design. So they're rarely a big contributor to the VISUAL effect. Even during the ballad ( a place where you might expect the largest contribution by a guard) the visual focus is mostly on the hornline. Has nothing to do whether or not they spin well or together. Feel free to disagree. Just my opinion. I don't find myself watching the guard much during their show. (and that's ODD for me).

(btw just to give this context -- i was actually talking about how the DRILL is IMO what generates most of the amazing VISUAL effect in this show -- I really wasn't discussing the guard. but a poster tried to twist my post into that topic)

Edited by corpsband

My contention is that the guard is very rarely the focus of the design. So they're rarely a big contributor to the VISUAL effect. Even during the ballad ( a place where you might expect the largest contribution by a guard) the visual focus is mostly on the hornline. Has nothing to do whether or not they spin well or together. Feel free to disagree. Just my opinion. I don't find myself watching the guard much during their show. (and that's ODD for me).

And Dixon gave reasons as to just why that might be, but I must've missed your response to that.

And Dixon gave reasons as to just why that might be, but I must've missed your response to that.

yeah he basically agreed that they arent the focus.

you're the one questioning me about the guard. i gave my opinion. what's your question?

Edited by corpsband

yeah he basically agreed that they arent the focus.

you're the one questioning me about the guard. i gave my opinion. what's your question?

You've successfully answered all my questions. Thank you.