DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

I agree. I've been away from DCP and the activity over the past couple years but it has become pretty contentious lately. In particular the berating each other in comparison to what I seem to remember when I last frequented DCP. Though from what I'm noticing it's following a few particular DCPers.

There are a few names that are familiar to me e.g. 2000Cadet but I seem to remember a lot more posts by Granny

Granny and TerriTroop among others.

Ummm, what did I do?

Just one of the good guys. We appreciate your posts.

tumblr_ns2tscW9x11qzdyejo1_1280.jpg

:smile:

I literally laughed out loud!

• Like 1

Honestly, tumblr is the SECOND best place for drum corps stuff. Everyone's super supportive, no one bickers, and you actually get to see amazing photography, video, audio, and "digital corps diaries" from people currently marching! Also lots of memes and hilarious stuff... You guys should really go on there more. https://www.tumblr.com/search/dci

Hardly any mention of the lower tier corps.

Hardly any mention of the lower tier corps.

When is there ever - anywhere? Here on DCP I have personally tried to keep lower tier corps show threads alive - and failed many times over. I give up.

Edited by luv4corps

agreed.

Crown may peak - we'll see

Cadets will come down to execution - they are struggling a little (especially in visual) and the other corps are cleaning up around them - hurting GE.

Also agree with your thoughts about Cadets getting a little soft lately - they've cleaned the sound out so much it's become sterilized. It's helping the music score but hurting GE IMO. I think this is what a lot of folks are reading as "the corps is tired, they need sleep"

I agree SCV is being underscored in GE - and somewhat in visual. I feel the same way about Bluecoats

At this juncture I'd say BD has the best shot of winning in two weeks.. I base this on gap the judges are showing in the scoring (content/achievement etc)

I also feel Bluecoats still has a great shot of a medal

Two weeks is a LONG time.he

It is, but for most corps it's getting a little late to be making major changes. I think the talent at BD can handle it,not so sure about others.

In the end, BDs playing is so mature and talented, I think it will rise above the others, regardless of how well they play. So I think it's probably going to come down to what wins out, music or visual.

I know the wrath I incur when saying this, but most Crown's visuals are so strongly influenced by it's writers high school experiences that their show doesn't seem to rise above the high school mentality. Corps like SCV, Blucoats and BDs are so much more original and creative, visually speaking. Just my opinion.

Edited by war eagle