When in ROME: Drums Along the Mowhawk 7/29

I think the show is starting to really clean up. It's HARD.

I agree. It feels like this year's equivalent to Animal Farm in terms of difficult-to-clean challenge. So much cool stuff, though. It seemed to be the audience's favorite at Erie, slightly leading BK. (Although BK really charmed the crowd with their encore.)

Scores are up! Pulling away and getting closer to BK. :)

Yes, shrinking the gap from 3.50 to 3.35 is getting closer.

Really shocked at the drum and guard scores. Blue Stars was ahead of BK in both of those captions just a week ago or so. Glad to see their visual and brass scores going up, but hopefully their traditional strengths don't continue to slip as they go into Allentown and Finals. They could really make a move if those captions lead the way like they have all year.

I've known Monica for a couple years.

There is a joke on a girl named " Monica" here for the taking, but the poor girl has been through enough, so I think I'll let it pass ( haha!)

I've known Monica for a couple years.

She's a former student and someone I have tremendous respect for! She truly is a great young lady!

And Drums Along The Mohawk is the only drum & bugle corps contest to be featured as an answer (question) on Jeopardy.

The Labor Day, 1998 episode included the category "When in Rome", and the answer was ........

"An annual drum and bugle corps contest held in Rome, NY is named for this river."

(Nobody got it right.)

I would've....I was stationed at the AF base in town in the late 80s (RIP, Griffiss AFB)