ALLENTOWN - Day 1

Ok, Cavies definitely back up and running. Great brass sound tonight, cleaner feet all around. (Non sequitur--commercial just came on at least twice as loud as live feed). So, it seems that Cavies hasn't let the brass completely open up yet, but who knows...that may just be from the audio feed!!! Still, it seems that there is room for them to grow.

(Second non sequitur--doesn't it seem weird that we have commercials playing with the stadium announcer in the background? Can't focus on either one! what a waste!)

Overall, I think that the Cavies show is improving and starting to click now that they are all back and healthy. What seems most important to me is that the guard are cleaning up. The guard, traditionally a strong point for the corps, in the full score season, has held them back quite a bit this year. Almost every show I've seen (all streaming or in the theater) have been full of drops, inconsistencies and not very clean unison work, esp on flags. Tonight, it seemed to click much better! So, kudos to the staff and kids there--keep it coming!!!

Interesting to see if they are any closer to Blue Knights. I hope and think that they can pass BK by next weekend. JMHO.

Perhaps following a week of the flu might have something to do with brass volume and energy. I think they got about 20 horns back in today for the first time. Try playing with the flu, it's not easy.. They really went for it at least, good show by them overall! Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 1

So they changed him to a trombone? Still don't get why that solo isn't on mello, or horn. The range seems uncomfortably high for the baritone voice.

Has that BK solo always been on a trombone, I could have sworn it was a marching euph > 4 valve euph.

Thank you! I was wondering was I asleep all the other times I saw this show -- didn't recall this being a trombone solo.