ALLENTOWN - Day 2

What won't matter? Do you see me making predictions or placement calls?

No Sir, and I'm sorry for the confusion. It's just that...well...oh crap, nothing. Never mind. As always, I was in error.

This narration works better than early season where it really overwhelmed. But it's still a bit too choppy feeling. I to almost the same sort of feeling I got from Madison's show last year where I just start to get into the horns playing a tune and, bam! they're off doing something else.

Edit to add: It's mostly just the middle section leading to the ballad that feels choppy. The front end flowed well

Edited by KVG_DC

Last year Colts show was a turn-off. This year it's fantastic. The crowd is eating it up too.

I liked last year's too :satisfied: - I think the Colts have really nailed extensive incorporation of narration into these past two programs

• Like 2

Colts narration basically represents the worst of what I think amplification allows for in show design. Really forces the music and drill to take a backseat to whatever insipid story they insist on telling in fake accents. Whereas with shows like Cadets and Bluecoats this year you can just treat it as ambient sound to complement the ensemble and it's much less jarring.

And imagine this ballad with a mellophone solo instead of a singer!

• Like 7

Last year Colts show was a turn-off. This year it's fantastic. The crowd is eating it up too.

You know, I hated it at first, but then it grew on me; mostly because I LOVE Pink Floyd music....

This year, I like the concept less, BUT I haven't seen them recently.

Yes.

Wyoming is the Equality State, after all.

Maybe they are simply equally accepting of human beings as a whole, no matter the issue of the relative insignificance of X or Y chromosomes.

Edited by HornTeacher