ALLENTOWN - Day 2

Wish I coulda heard that great corps through all the talking. Seriously - I get what they're trying to do and it isn't terrible but there is so much talking its a major distraction for me.

Wish I coulda heard that great corps through all the talking. Seriously - I get what they're trying to do and it isn't terrible but there is so much talking its a major distraction for me.

Listen harder! The brass is playing their butts off!

• Like 4

I know I'm a few corps late with this comment but THAT WAS OC'S BEST RUN YET. They fought hard tonight.

• Like 1

Colts narration basically represents the worst of what I think amplification allows for in show design. Really forces the music and drill to take a backseat to whatever insipid story they insist on telling in fake accents. Whereas with shows like Cadets and Bluecoats this year you can just treat it as ambient sound to complement the ensemble and it's much less jarring.

And imagine this ballad with a mellophone solo instead of a singer!

I agree. I am having a problem this year with all the talking and singing. This is Drum and Bugle Corps

Edited by Madera Dons
  • Like 1

I think this is my favorite show ever from The Colts.

i still - to this day - LOVE their show from 1991 - a show about the seasons, it got them into finals and was so musically outstanding - the brass section and the soloist - WOW

can't believe that's been 25 years ago - god I sound OLD

• Like 2