DCI in Indy through 2028

I agree that DCI is comfortable with Indy finals and the current tour. After 7 years, they ought to be! I also agree that they have good financial incentives for Indy.

Nevertheless, from 1972 to 2008, every year DCI managed to figure out all the things you mention in stadiums around the country. They could certainly do it again. I thought 2004 Denver and 2007 Pasadena were great, well-attended championships. Its sad to think that not only is finals never going to those cities again, they are not even going to get a big show after early July for the next 13 years.

Sure, they figured it out every year, but finding and coordinating Finals took up over half of the front office's time each year. Now it's set in place and they can focus running DCI instead of being travel agents.

Edited by Minimaster

Just one more piece of evidence that Drum Corp INTERNATIONAL is nothing but a regional organization that has no interest in supporting or expanding its fan base west of San Antonio (despite the fact that 2 of its most successful corps are based in California ... and another perennial finalist is based in Denver). I get why they are doing it ... and it is probably a smart decision from a short-term financial perspective, but it is sure frustrating to see DCI continuously make decisions that make it very difficult to be a fan that lives in the west. At some point, it is just not going to be worth the effort anymore.

I agree that DCI is comfortable with Indy finals and the current tour. After 7 years, they ought to be! I also agree that they have good financial incentives for Indy.

Nevertheless, from 1972 to 2008, every year DCI managed to figure out all the things you mention in stadiums around the country. They could certainly do it again. I thought 2004 Denver and 2007 Pasadena were great, well-attended championships. Its sad to think that not only is finals never going to those cities again, they are not even going to get a big show after early July for the next 13 years.

Denver didn't get a big show period this year ... everyone (but the Bluecoats) went to Minneapolis.

Indy is OK...but really? There are so many other great places to go. When you are taking this amount of time off on vacation how about some variety?

Does anybody else miss finals being in Madison or Kansas City?

Heck, I'd even settle for the opportunity to see the Finalist Shows that were there over the years on the DCI Archives again.

• Like 2