DCI in Indy through 2028

Probably a good business decision for DCI, but rough for fans who don't live in the midwest.

I'd have wished that 1 in 5 years they commit to take finals to a different part of the country. The logistics are so well figured out for the current tour that I'm sure that sounds pretty scary at DCI HQ. Yet until 2009, that's what they pulled off every year.

• Like 2

I knew this was going to happen. I understand it, especially financially, but not a fan of it--I am incredibly biased. When I marched I loved traveling around the country seeing new places and performing in Foxboro, Madison, and Pasadena, that was part of the excitement of it all, sadly that's no more.

Another 10 years of Indy...means another 10 years of only early season drum corps on the West Coast AND another 10 years of West Coast inflation conspiracy theories....Where's the West Coast love?

As a fellow DCPer said, it would be great to have a late season regional here...yeah, that's never going to happen, but maybe the Stanford show can suck in a couple Midwest/East coast corps. That's one thing I've always enjoyed about Phantom, they give us on the west coast some love coming out here about every other year.

• Like 2

Is it too early for the 2028 prediction thread? OK I see it this way:

1. Bluecoats (go for title #6)

2. now it gets harder

I see political correctness coming to DCI in 2028 as the federal sex discrimination act Title IX gives $20 million to a new all-girl drum corps for reparations due to years of all-male corps back in the 20th century, even though the all-male corps were ordered disbanded by the government more than a decade ago.

The all-girl corps loses to the Bluecoats who had apparently won their 6th straight title but President Hillary Clinton's Justice Department successfully sues DCI in court for sex discrimination as the US Supreme Court overturns the decision, and the Pittsburgh Penguinettes with a score of 68.0637 are declared the winner.

I know a lot of you are doubting this scenario because it seems so completely unbelievable, and I don't blame you.

I mean really, a new corps winning DCI? Nahhhh.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

drum corps with bad sound at finals til 2028. yay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay

• Like 3

I can't fault DCI for this, but it would be nice to somehow see more late season west coast shows. Maybe a west coast "super regional" every four years (I know ... that completely screws up traditional show schedules and adds travel costs to corps that probably can't handle it)?

yeah I feel for the West. 1 finals west of Denver, 3 total west of Dallas since 1972....most number of rings, most corps currently....(best outdoor weather option too)

• Like 3

Probably a good business decision for DCI, but rough for fans who don't live in the midwest.

I'd have wished that 1 in 5 years they commit to take finals to a different part of the country. The logistics are so well figured out for the current tour that I'm sure that sounds pretty scary at DCI HQ. Yet until 2009, that's what they pulled off every year.

It's only a 6-7 hr drive from the East, so you don't have to live in the Midwest to take in Finals. I do it every year.

It's only a 6-7 hr drive from the East, so you don't have to live in the Midwest to take in Finals. I do it every year.

9 hours from South central PA.

I see political correctness coming to DCI in 2028 .

President Hillary Clinton's Justice Department successfully sues DCI in court for sex discrimination

I know a lot of you are doubting this scenario because it seems so completely unbelievable, and I don't blame you.

Well, some say the US Constitution has been eviserated by the overreaching by the Executive Branch the last 8 years, so who knows, maybe President and Commandress in Chief Clinton will indeed provide herself 3 terms of office and still be there in 2028.

• Like 2

ONLY a 30 hr drive from out here...or 4+ hour flight

• Like 1