Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

Bluecoats guard is incredible --- but their uniforms really fade badly into this "pea green" turf at LOS. Looked so much better on the darker green turf and grass fields elsewhere.

• Like 1

they'll probably post all but BD/Cadets/Coats/Crown and make us wait for those 4

Basses splits always give me aural disequilibrium. It's great

Sick, red LED's on the [sCV] DM's sash!!!!

Yeah, a nice touch you don't see until the very end. I'm not sure when it was added, but it was in by Massillon.

Madison is night and day compared to recent years. What a difference it makes to have a staff that really understands what was their unique style.

Strangely, people said that in 2010 and 2011, too.

Well, 2010 saw improvement of five places over 2015 with a throwback show: no show title and just two musical selections, both previously played more than once (including in the 1975 championship show). So I think people were right to say that.

2011, on the other hand, was something of a departure, but personally, I prefer "New York Morning" to "Reframed" or "Corps of Brothers". (And I love the soft ending to "Time Trip".)

• Like 1

Is that Frank SInatra?

I've been wondering the same thing.

Seems to be a fair few feathers falling off that boa....

Happened last night too.

1.4 sounds a bit wonky too...not sure how they assess these things...that would have really sucked!

At least as per the 2009 rules, the penalty for being under time was 0.1 point for every three seconds.

If the current rules use the same standard for going over time, then 42 seconds would result in a 1.4 point penalty.

(As I type, I see that Tenoris4Jazz says that the over-time penalty is 0.1 point for every ten seconds, meaning Crossmen would have been 140 seconds over.)

Agree. Go listen to Phantom play the Organ Symphony (Saint-Seans) from 1990. Much much better, and more like Phantom.

Oh, no, that can't be right, because Dennis DeLucia just last night said that he can't even imagine how drum corps got by without electronics, specifically citing Phantom's use of an organ this year.