Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

For those of us who have had the thrill of performing Beethoven's 9th, it is awesome to enjoy Crown's musical fidelity to the spirit of the piece. The top 5 corps tonight were simply wonderful!

Agreed. It is a remarkable piece. I love the history behind it too and how Beethoven was completely deaf at the premiere. Legend is he was on stage facing the chorus and orchestra during the last movement. The piece ended and he remained facing backwards and was unaware of the thunderous applause in the theater. The conductor walked over and turned him around so he could see it. True or not, I love the story.

Beethoven and Mozart - they have my heart.

If you mean K-Pop in general as opposed to BD's show, I have no knowledge of that subject. In this show, I believe they're wolves, not foxes, and that they represent the wolf in the "Little Red Riding Hood" story, as re-interpreted in Into the Woods (Johnny Depp in the movie), because they're ogling the woman with the (admittedly hoodless) long red cape--although it appears to me that she appreciates the attention.

In the spirit of the K-pop tune, if I understand it correctly, the wolves would really, really like to get her long red cape off.

If you know what I mean. :wub:

Great Job to all the corps that performed tonight, as every corps deserves a huge standing ovation for working so dang hard this summer! On behalf of all the fans like myself, you made this years shows legendary.

Based on the performances I watched tonight, I think the placement order will be as follows:

1. Crown
  2. Cadets
  3. Blue Devils
  4. Bloo
  5. Vanguard
  6. Blue Knights
  7. PR
  8. Cavies
  9. Madison
  10. Bluestars

Tonite in the Semi's ? I don't think Blue Stars will be over BAC, Kemosabe.

• Like 1

Great Job to all the corps that performed tonight, as every corps deserves a huge standing ovation for working so dang hard this summer! On behalf of all the fans like myself, you made this years shows legendary.

Based on the performances I watched tonight, I think the placement order will be as follows:

1. Crown
  2. Cadets
  3. Blue Devils
  4. Bloo
  5. Vanguard
  6. Blue Knights
  7. PR
  8. Cavies
  9. Madison
  10. Bluestars

Uh, Blue Stars are already in 11th. Their score has been announced. They actually tied Crossmen for 11th, but Crossmen got a 1.4 penalty.

1. Crown
  2. Cadets
  3. Blue Devils
  4. Bloo
  5. Vanguard
  6. Blue Knights
  7. PR
  8. Cavies
  9. Madison
  10. Bluestars

That would be nice; but the Boston Crusaders scored higher than the Blue Stars, tonight.

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 1

Loved how Bluecoats vocal samples line up with the drum parts. Subtle and really neat when you catch it.

• Like 1

In the spirit of the K-pop tune, if I understand it correctly, the wolves would really, really like to get her long red cape off.

If you know what I mean. :wub:

now that's what I call performing arts, haha

• Like 1

Did that knock Crossmen out of finals?

No, Crossmen took 12th, they're in.