Clara! From Blue Devil's INK

The latest member of Blue Devils color guard; Clara!

If this ten year-old girl doesn't make you smile on finals night, nothing will. :smile:

https://youtu.be/RzXOy3tIw2A

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 6

Congratulations to the newest and youngest member of the 2015 DCI World Champion Blue Devils! :smile:

• Like 3

This really speaks to me a lot.

As a parent of one of these BD members I always tried to convey the message of listening to a lot of music of many types (even ones you may not like) and to study hard and learn to read music.

I bought my son lots of material like the Slonimsky Thesaurus of scales and melodic patterns when he was in 7th grade. I told him to concentrate on learning comping and chord structure and he did everything I suggested.

Now he has 2 championships and teaches about a dozen guitar students, two high school front ensembles and is the new director of a music for youth foundation. His 20th birthday was yesterday. what he did on his birthday was spoke to the pit and they dedicated their show to me on semi finals!

That is a good kid!

• Like 7

Cute girl and a great addition to the show. Though, sort of thought she was brought out a LITTLE too early in the show.