Clara! From Blue Devil's INK

94 Crossmen is one of my all time favorite drum solos! Bob Bollman as the pit instructor. That show rocked!

I am going crazy waiting for the final BD360 episode. come on now what about episode 10?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure there was never anyone younger than 13 that performed in a world class (or former open class) champion.

We had a guard member in '87 Cadets who was only 12 when the season started, not sure if she had a birthday during the season? I'll shoot her a note and ask.

Her coming out made someone I was with cry. He said the music and just her gave him the feels. I had goosebumps from when she came out to the end Best GE of the season and brought the show full circle.

This is interesting to me. At my theater watching prelims, the overwhelming response was that it was a cheesy gimmick and they were trying too hard to make up GE. I thought it was just the person I was talking to, but another 8-10 people said the same thing. My initial reaction was just "How young is she????".

BlueStainGlass, on 09 Aug 2015 - 7:29 PM, said:snapback.png

Her coming out made someone I was with cry. He said the music and just her gave him the feels. I had goosebumps from when she came out to the end Best GE of the season and brought the show full circle.

This is interesting to me. At my theater watching prelims, the overwhelming response was that it was a cheesy gimmick and they were trying too hard to make up GE. I thought it was just the person I was talking to, but another 8-10 people said the same thing. My initial reaction was just "How young is she????".

Isn't that the nice thing about art?

Is she now the youngest performer ever to win a world championship?

Without her there's no way BD would have closed the GE gap as quickly as they did, she did an amazing job.

Similar question... did I hear correctly at the theater that one of the guard members for BD who aged out had spent 15 years in the organization? Jeff Kievit marched with the Muchachos for 14 years and thought he had the longest tenure in Jr. Corps history, but that was all actual field and parade time. Did someone actually spend 15 years marching in the C, B, and A corps???

This is interesting to me. At my theater watching prelims, the overwhelming response was that it was a cheesy gimmick and they were trying too hard to make up GE.

Was the location of your theater in Ft Mill SC? Lol j/k.

• Like 1

Was the location of your theater in Ft Mill SC? Lol j/k.

Ouch!

Adding Clara in was no cheesier than adding a girl climbing some ladder with a gold shroud on in my opinion.

Plenty of cheese to go around.

• Like 1