Clara! From Blue Devil's INK

I'm just curious but why wasn't that illegal? I agree it was a nice touch but what are the rules when it comes to this.

There is no lower age limit. Do you REALLY think BD would flout an age rule with a title on the line??

• Like 2

There is no lower age limit. Do you REALLY think BD would flout an age rule with a title on the line??

Not only that, but hasn't this question been answered several times?

• Like 1

Yup! I this saw on my Tumblr feed few weeks ago

tumblr_nq9lvhpv1u1srwibwo1_540.png

(credit to user @itsme-pencilsteve)

I assume she started in BDC when she was around 6 and just worked her way up through the years, very cool!

From the BD site...her experience:

• 2015 A Corps – Guard
  • 2014 A Corps – Guard
  • 2014 Winter Guard – Guard
  • 2013 A Corps – Guard
  • 2012 A Corps – Guard
  • 2011 A Corps – Guard
  • 2011 Open Guard – Guard
  • 2010 B Corps – Guard
  • 2010 Open Guard – Guard
  • 2009 B Corps – Guard
  • 2009 Open Guard – Guard
  • 2008 Open Guard – Guard
  • 2007 Winter Guard – Guard
  • 2007 C Corps – Guard
  • 2006 Winter Guard – Guard
  • 2006 C Corps – Guard
  • 2005 Winter Guard – Guard
  • 2005 C Corps – Guard
  • 2004 Winter Guard – Guard
  • 2004 C Corps – Guard
  • 2003 Winter Guard – Guard
  • 2003 C Corps – Guard
  • 2002 Winter Guard – Guard
  • 2002 C Corps – Guard
  • 2001 Twirling – Guard

3 rings with the A corps,

3 with the B (the 3-peat)

6 rings total....she might be the org record holder.

Andrew Odello also grew up in the org....19 years!! C corps 93-02, B corps 03-06, A corps 07-11

• Like 2

Have to say that the addition of Clara took me from "ok-kinda-digging-this-show" to "holy-crap-did-BD-just-give-me-all-the-feels?"

Perfect addition to their show.

• Like 3

We had a guard member in '87 Cadets who was only 12 when the season started, not sure if she had a birthday during the season? I'll shoot her a note and ask.

Doh, wish I would have known that back then, someone I could have had something in common with. I was 14 when I made '87 Cadets, but it was rough to be so much younger than the rest (and I was lead soprano as well which were typically older). Ended up just being too big a difference so when I had to miss an early parade due to a slight injury, I decided not to come back.. ended up with the Bridgemen that year since 3 guys from my HS were marching so was a lot more comfortable. Anyway sorry to sidetrack the thread!

I was young as a member ( yes a million years ago..lol) that i was not allowed to ride the bus with the big kids...lol..I had to ride a parent volunteer van for few years. My old corps doesnt have young like that anymore but still nice to have them still top 12

My uncle spent 14 years in the same corps as well as cousins and a grandfather..lol

Hard to find nowadays people in that long.There are a few for sure especially when a program like BD nurtures them from babies

Edited by GUARDLING

I was young as a member ( yes a million years ago..lol) that i was not allowed to ride the bus with the big kids...lol..I had to ride a parent volunteer van for few years. My old corps doesnt have young like that anymore but still nice to have them still top 12

My uncle spent 14 years in the same corps as well as cousins and a grandfather..lol

Hard to find nowadays people in that long.There are a few for sure especially when a program like BD nurtures them from babies

But, in retrospect...aren't you now a better man for it???? :ninja::silly::ninja:

My son was playing on a practice pad at the age of 5 months. Attended his first show at 2. If I had the money and lived closer to Concord at the time he would be at 15 years now and two more to go.

We had a guard member in '87 Cadets who was only 12 when the season started, not sure if she had a birthday during the season? I'll shoot her a note and ask.

When I marched with BD, we had a 12 year old in '77 (flag line), and another 12 year old in '80. I know the former was 13 by DCI, not sure on the other. The gal in '77 eventually became the longest serving guard captain, and aged out in 1985 with four titles under her belt.