6/18 spring fling ashburnham , ma

7/2 GFEMS BC.

5/21- 6/15 castleton vt move in.

6/13 golf tournament.

6/16 concert in the park boston.

6/16 - 6/20 move in ashburnham.

6/18 spring fling ashburnham , ma

7/2 GFEMS BC.

Thanks emc2, I knew you had the scoop. I was wondering though; I was on a college visit to UMass yesterday with the family. During the tour I heard what I assume was the UMass Band drumline playing outdoors. It was all I could do to not run over to watch them or whoever it was. The family would not have been happy with me. But it got me to wondering: with the association of DC and the UMass band program, why wouldn't Boston do their camp at UMass? Boston has done camp at a number of New England colleges so why not UMass? Is there a reason that can't happen? It would be after students have finals (those are happening now). They don't need food, there are dorms and gym's available. Just wondering. Has it been researched before?

There are probably several reasons why Amherst is not used. With no knowledge of the why, I'd guess some of them might be: 1. Cost 2. U Mass policy 3. They have Summer sessions for the students 4. With many sport camps during the Summer, they may need May & June to get dorms/fields/gyms ready. 5. Billy Bulger might hate the Crusaders. 6. All the above.

There are probably several reasons why Amherst is not used. With no knowledge of the why, I'd guess some of them might be: 1. Cost 2. U Mass policy 3. They have Summer sessions for the students 4. With many sport camps during the Summer, they may need May & June to get dorms/fields/gyms ready. 5. Billy Bulger might hate the Crusaders. 6. All the above.

Billy Bulger does not hate the Crusaders, he's just hoping he and his South Boston friends can revive the Gatesmen. Actually I think #4 is probably the most accurate. U-Mass does hold a number of conferences in the summer, including the New Engkand Camera Club Conference which I have attended and participants can stay in the dorms which have been scrubbed down. My understanding is it takes about a month after school gets out to get the dorms ready (it's not call Zoo Mass for nothing), so move in time may be too close to the end of the school year and the dorms may not be ready.

Thanks emc2, I knew you had the scoop. I was wondering though; I was on a college visit to UMass yesterday with the family. During the tour I heard what I assume was the UMass Band drumline playing outdoors. It was all I could do to not run over to watch them or whoever it was. The family would not have been happy with me. But it got me to wondering: with the association of DC and the UMass band program, why wouldn't Boston do their camp at UMass? Boston has done camp at a number of New England colleges so why not UMass? Is there a reason that can't happen? It would be after students have finals (those are happening now). They don't need food, there are dorms and gym's available. Just wondering. Has it been researched before?

A few years ago I started looking into schools in Ma. Maybe in the future they will be back in Mass for (Move ins). A few years ago BAC had move Ins in Dudley ma.

Did everyone get their (Inside look on 2016 show production) just got it in the mail. Should be a very interesting year . Love the wind mills, music etc. Everyone working hard. Should be a great BAC 2016 production.

Boston Crusaders have chosen well with the more remote, smaller campuses they have lined up for this and previous seasons.

Not only does UMass have multiple programs going on throughout the campus during the summer and the football complex in use by their own and soccer squads for summer training, but the ancillary programs means the corps would have less flexibility getting practice space during sectionals when as many as three fields may be simultaneously used for rehearsals. Add the complaints from the on-campus neighbors while the corps go over the same bars of music and percussion for the 1000th time to be perfect. Yes, the use of a huge stadium for ensemble run-through would be nice but there are the other 22 hours of the day to consider. Security of MMs personal property during outside rehearsals, adaptions during bad weather, limiting unwanted visitors into sleeping and showering areas, etc. become a major concern.

Sometimes it is better to be the big fish in a smaller pond.

• Like 3

I've been to all 3 recent year N.E. sites that Boston practices in during their move ins in May. All 3 are perfect for practice sites, imo. Quiet, rural, mostly no summer students on campus, school sports teams,complaining faculty and/ or close to practice field neighbors, etc to potentially contend with. Boston itself has been good guests at all 3, and all 3 sites have complimented the Corps for their stays there. Practicing at Umass would not give the Corps what it currently receives in terms of the above, so it would probably be a step down as a practice site for the Crusaders, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I've been to all 3 recent year N.E. sites that Boston practices in during their move ins in May. All 3 are perfect for practice sites, imo. Quiet, rural, mostly no summer students on campus, school sports teams,complaining faculty and/ or close to practice field neighbors, etc to potentially contend with. Boston itself has been good guests at all 3, and all 3 sites have complimented the Corps for their stays there. Practicing at Umass would not give the Corps what it currently receives in terms of the above, so it would probably be a step down as a practice site for the Crusaders, imo.

Excellent point B. I guess my only gripe if you allow me that is these places are fairly remote and difficult to get to. But I guess that applies depending on where you are coming from.😬