Carolina Crown 2016

Lol. Touché! Great corps but too gimmicky for my taste. They're two steps away from skipping to sets carrying balloons...

Me likes meat...

DCI = gimmicky, at least with the visual programs. People acting like statues, fist-fights, sliding down ramps, doing the wave and hip-hop dancing, banners and scrims, costuming, acting like horses, puppets and all manner of props... it's all in where the gimmicks fall in the cheesy>cool scale and whether they require certain actual skills to pull them off effectively.

• Like 1

DCI = gimmicky, at least with the visual programs. People acting like statues, fist-fights, sliding down ramps, doing the wave and hip-hop dancing, banners and scrims, costuming, acting like horses, puppets and all manner of props... it's all in where the gimmicks fall in the cheesy>cool scale and whether they require certain actual skills to pull them off effectively.

This is a brilliant comment. To be effective, a scenic device or set piece requires cutting edge skill. Not just carrying a sign or pushing an orange refrigerator box around to "define the space". The skill required should take your breath away and be masterful, or at least shockingly clever. That's the wow factor.

Edited by Channel3

Anyone else bothered by recent events and Crown's depicted gun violence? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone making a link between what is happening right now, and Crown's production? Anyone linking Crown's revenge theme to recent events in Dallas? Or is this just a fluff piece, a spaghetti western?

Anyone else hoping Crown changes the ending to disarming and abandoning the perp in the dessert and riding away instead of a revenge gunshot? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone think that this new ending might make a statement about ending the cycle of violence, and thereby vault their depth of concept score and make this theme more powerful than first imagined?

Didn't you just tell someone else not to repeat their jokes?

When I'm in the desert enjoying a fine dinner of western spaghetti, I like to follow it with a nice meat puppet sundae for dessert.

• Like 1

Boston was alright until the chaotic part before the end, then it got good. I'd say they still have to fix these windmills. Reminds me of the trampolines in Crown 2014.

Yeah they are quite visually destructive...

And it's easiest for me to see photographic evidence of your castration. Thanks.

That's a bit forward, even for me.

If it makes you feel any better, traditional procreation wasn't really in the cards for me anyway. Not my bag. I'll be going the adoption route to poison the next generation, which, unfortunately for you, wasn't in your original agreement.

Is it just best to PM you the email address linked to my PayPal account?

• Like 1

Channel3 has a pretty solid point. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if Crown connected their show to the rise of gun violence in the US?