Carolina Crown 2016

Awesome. Crown got me the following year with their In trance it show. That opener was jaw dropping. I remember thinking at that time they are gonna be a force to be reckon with in the future. Than saw them live at finals in 2007 with Triple Crown. Loved it. BD will always and forever be my first love but much love and respect to Crown.

Really? I loved that show too but a lot of people were "huh?" I had just discovered Danielpour's music that winter -- I remember pitching it in a design meeting and the only person besides me that liked it was the percussion guy !! (that's usually a BAD sign). Then Crown came out that summer playing it! I was excited to say the least.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Really? I loved that show too but a lot of people were "huh?" I had just discovered Danielpour's music that winter -- I remember pitching it in a design meeting and the only person besides me that liked it was the percussion guy !! (that's usually a BAD sign). Then Crown came out that summer playing it! I was excited to say the least.

I love love love love love love love love love love that show.

I can't wait to see what all the practice time does for Crown's show tonight! I hope it is a great contest tonight!

with the shift back to Eastern time tonight -- this show is over EARLY !

Which is why I can go tonight! I will be able to see the show and get back home by 12:30!

ok -- so this, for me, was when i fell in love with Crown. specifically this ballad. there was no one in DCI doing that sort of thing, no one at all. you can see all the elements of Crown's identity coming together in this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGD3N4QuZI

Same here! Love that show!

• Like 1

The Trumpet/French Horn Duet in Hallelujah sounding much better. Brass is phenomenal as always and Drums are stepping up. Can't Wait to see this in Atlanta in a few weeks.

I think the horn soloist (duetists?) changed. I noticed in one of the WCU periscopes it's now a guy.

• Like 1