Carolina Crown 2016

I've said it since April: Crown's percussion would surprise people this year. It was that evident at their first camp back after auditions.

After last night, not only can you see they are the most improved of the top lines, they can now become part of the disussion for The Sanford Trophy.

• Like 2

After seeing Crown's show last night, I'm growing to really love the show story. In the beginning (in my interpretation) son says good-bye to dad and gives him his belongings for the journey (gold) - dad is the carriage driver with the hat. Bad guy comes and robs the stagecoach. Kills the dad. Enter Roxanne. Bad guy in the saloon with Roxanne and the good guy (son) meets and falls in love with the girl. All heck breaks lose. Next, the trumpet soloist (awesome performer by the way!) is seen on the stagecoach wearing the hat of the dad (the spririt of the dad) and a beautiful duet ensues (the spiritual bond of dad and son). At the current end of the show, the bad guy encounters the son again, this time to do away with the kid. Instead, the son wrestles the rifle from the bad guy, and after some hesitation, exacts revenge and preserves his own life at the same time.

The music and scripting is really coming together. Really looking forward to see where Crown takes it. I'm sure they know, but we'll just have to wait.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

After seeing Crown's show last night, I'm growing to really love the show story. In the beginning (in my interpretation) son says good-bye to dad and gives him his belongings for the journey (gold) - dad is the carriage driver with the hat. Bad guy comes and robs the stagecoach. Kills the dad. Enter Roxanne. Bad guy in the saloon with Roxanne and the good guy (son) meets and falls in love with the girl. All heck breaks lose. Next, the trumpet soloist (awesome performer by the way!) is seen on the stagecoach wearing the hat of the dad (the spririt of the dad) and a beautiful duet ensues (the spiritual bond of dad and son). At the current end of the show, the bad guy encounters the son again, this time to do away with the kid. Instead, the son wrestles the rifle from the bad guy, and after some hesitation, exacts revenge and preserves his own life at the same time.

The music and scripting is really coming together. Really looking forward to see where Crown takes it. I'm sure they know, but we'll just have to wait.

He actually doesn't wrestle the rifle away from the bad guy. In the slow mo, you can really see what's going on.

The bad guy puts his gun up and the son puts his hands up.

Just as the bad guy pulls the trigger, the son goes total matrix and bends backwards to avoid the bullet.

As the slow mo speeds back up to real time, we see the son pick up a rifle from ontop of the carriage, and with a final gunshot we are back in real time with the bad guy dead.

I have a feeling the final ending will have the son and Roxanne riding off "into the sunset" on the carriage. Just a feeling.

Edited by UKSuperman
  • Like 1

He actually doesn't wrestle the rifle away from the bad guy. In the slow mo, you can really see what's going on.

The bad guy puts his gun up and the son puts his hands up.

Just as the bad guy pulls the trigger, the son goes total matrix and bends backwards to avoid the bullet.

As the slow mo speeds back up to real time, we see the son pick up a rifle from ontop of the carriage, and with a final gunshot we are back in real time with the bad guy dead.

I have a feeling the final ending will have the son and Roxanne riding off "into the sunset" on the carriage. Just a feeling.

You're right. I recall seeing that now after reading your post. And the pregnant pause at the end just before the last Medea hit is incredible. Also. the matrix thing makes complete sense as it links you back to the bar room fight during Roxanne.

I agree with you on the "riding off with girl". It makes sense to bring Roxanne back at the end.

One other thing I really dig about Crown's show this year is that I "get it". Most shows I don't have a real clue on what's going on. "Relentless" isn't a deep show story, just darn fun!

Looking forward to what the new ending brings. I have a feeling the guy rides off into the sunset with the girl and Crown will ride off with the GOLD!

Edited by drumcorpsfever

You're right. I recall seeing that now after reading your post. And the pregnant pause at the end just before the last Medea hit is incredible.

I agree with you on the "riding off with girl". It makes sense to bring Roxanne back at the end.

One other thing I really dig about Crown's show this year is that I "get it". Most shows I don't have a real clue on what's going on. "Relentless" isn't a deep show story, just darn fun!

Looking forward to what the new ending brings. I have a feeling the guy rides off into the sunset with the girl and Crown will ride off with the GOLD!

Your ending statement is gold. Lol. Yes, the slowmo is absolutely perfect. The corps goes down on one knee facing the stagecoach which drew everyone's attention to it, and finally gave us the ending that it deserves (for now). I'm sure there will be some sort of hoopla celebration that the gunman's dead, the boy returns for Roxanne, and they live happily ever after. I just had to explain to someone AGAIN what the storyline was because they said it has a beginning and an end, but nothing between. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! You'll see it! Lol.

• Like 1

Your ending statement is gold. Lol. Yes, the slowmo is absolutely perfect. The corps goes down on one knee facing the stagecoach which drew everyone's attention to it, and finally gave us the ending that it deserves (for now). I'm sure there will be some sort of hoopla celebration that the gunman's dead, the boy returns for Roxanne, and they live happily ever after. I just had to explain to someone AGAIN what the storyline was because they said it has a beginning and an end, but nothing between. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! You'll see it! Lol.

Did they add new stuff this week to the Journey and Roxanne? I have been watching VERY closely in recent shows to see what happens in the middle and didn't see anything with the characters.

I feel like something that would help, big time, is adding some distinguishing element to the character costuming. They did that with the father in the ballad and I think that was a brilliant addition. You kinda loose track when everyone in the guard looks the same, it'd help draw your attention.

Not that I know of except for the slowmo. I remember seeing the stuff the entire time. Then again, I immerse myself into the storyline and I find the things people miss. Happens with each show I watch.