Carolina Crown 2016

Again, I remember the pre-season hype over Crown and Cadets last year - I was among 'em thinking they were #1 & #2 - DEFINITELY, with ANY QUESTION (either order, didn't matter), these two were the BOMB and were going to be atop the standings...

Then I went to Pasadena and saw Blue Devils. My only comment was "Nothing beats that."

I'm a Crown and (usually) Cadets homer, but there endeth the lesson.

Idk, I thought BD really erupted with the final changes at back end of season. Before that, very beatable. IMO
  • Like 1

I'll throw one more log on the fire: I think internally it's a HUGE deal for Crown to play any part of Star's repertoire (especially the piece they've chosen). They didn't make that choice lightly.

I hope they don't spend a lot of time on it though...it's probably the least interesting piece on an otherwise incredible list of amazing music.

Edited by Kamarag

How can Crown have a "perennial winning brass" when they haven't won high brass the past 2 years? Don't get me wrong, not hating, but that sentence makes no sense.

yogitom. based on certain recent DCP discussions related to national political events I understand why you may feel compelled to type the second sentence of your comment…BUT have we really reached the point on this forum where a fact-based counterargument could be considered by some as " hating " ?????

yogitom. based on certain recent DCP discussions related to national political events I understand why you may feel compelled to type the second sentence of your comment…BUT have we really reached the point on this forum where a fact-based counterargument could be considered by some as " hating " ?????

Yes.

Welcome to DCP, you must be new here.

:cool:

• Like 3

Umm, yes, as is a reflection of the greater society as well. Facts are ignored. Only emotion and belief counts, along with hearsay and flat out making crap up.

As Chaddy said, welcome to (some) corners of the Planet.

• Like 1