MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Why is this on my page 3? Go Scouts! Another opportunity tonight!

Wow! Pretty quiet in here. I here crickets!

I was just thinking the same thing. Unfortunately the lower-than-expected scoring out West seems to have sucked the life out of the excitement from pre-tour.

I think the west tour hurts a little, simply because the extra travel time eats up a good bit what could be change/cleaning time if they were marching in the Midwest or Northeast. So we'll have to see what happens as the season progresses and the travel space gets a little more compact.

With that said, I'm a fan of JC Superstar, so love that they are doing this show! My daughter also knows a member of their guard, so we will definitely be pulling for Madison this year.

Wow! Pretty quiet in here. I here crickets!

That's a byproduct of going west. Once they head back to the drum corps heartland and the rest of us get to see them, we'll see more discussion about Madison. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I will agree, that west coast tour really gives no advantage except for free days at the beach. I noticed in the west coast show threads that most of the conversation was about corps from the western part of the United States, and understandably so.

I still feel like this is a very strong vehicle for the Scouts and as they clean and make changes, it has the potential to be another

Madison classic. Last year, I remember seeing the Scouts in June and thinking "what the hell is this?" That show just didn't

do it for me, it felt cheesy and too happy-go-lucky in places...overall, it felt flat. But then I saw them at Allentown and HOLY CRAP,

What a difference! They cleaned and polished that thing and it became one of my favorites! They OWNED it! It's amazing how confidence,

swagger, and being clean, can make such a difference.

Anyway, this year, I think they've started with such a stronger product, that if they clean and polish it the way they did last season.....

as Rondo says "Oh Nelly, bar the door!" I think it's going to be an epic show!

Chirp, chirp, chirp... I would bet that after DOP tonight one way or the other people will have something to say on this thread.

Chirp, chirp, chirp... I would bet that after DOP tonight one way or the other people will have something to say on this thread.

Yeah, will be interesting. Blue Stars were further above Academy than Madison was, but not as far ahead as Madison was of Pacific Crest, so we will see where the chips fall. I still think Madison has a vehicle that can complete for 7th place this year. I'm calling last year's top 5 and Cavies as the top 6 this year. Fight for 7th between BK, Regiment, Scouts and Blue Stars.

Its amazing how Cavies jumped from 9th place last year to competing for possible top 5 this year. My hat's off to them.