MADISON SCOUTS 2016

2007-2008?

Fixed it above...

So many fine Drum Corps over the years have missed finals.. and by the slightest of margins.. that I don't

that wish that feeling on anybody. Placements do not define the marchers.. never did, and it never will.. but it doesn't lesson that sting of just missing out on making the season's TOP 12 and performing on Sat. Night. But, it can embolden the Corps, and I believe it will for the Madison Scouts this off season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

So many fine Drum Corps over the years have missed finals.. and by the slightest of margins.. that I don't

that wish that feeling on anybody. Placements do not define the marchers.. never did, and it never will.. but it doesn't lesson that sting of just missing out on making the season's TOP 12 and performing on Sat. Night. But, it can embolden the Corps, and I believe it will for the Madison Scouts this off season.

Be brave. Who drops out of the TOP 12, for the Scouts? Can't have one without the other.

Be brave. Who drops out of the TOP 12, for the Scouts? Can't have one without the other.

Are you asking me ? I don't know the answer for you here in August, but if you are requiring me to " be brave", then I'll say that Madison gets back in, and Academy drops out in 2017.

• Like 1

Are you asking me ? I don't know the answer for you here in August, but if you are requiring me to " be brave", then I'll say that Madison gets back in, and Academy drops out in 2017.

Thanks,

I'm of the opinion that it's always easy to suggest who is moving up, without the corollary of who is moving down. If not, even here in August, we would have 15 (or so) in the TOP 12. There has also been much movement of staff with claims that they (the corps) will be moving up (or down). I'd like to know what you (not you specifically) think who is going to replace those moving up (or down).

For example, I believe the top three, will be SCV, BC and BD (not necessarily in that order). And that Crown will be out of the TOP 3. I'm waiting for a while to figure out what "I think" with the TOP 12.

I'd like us all, who want to make "predictions" to commit to "being Brave" and suggesting what they think may happen if their prediction comes through.

ps, I'm sorry to hear that you think that my hometown Academy won't be there on Saturday night. I'm hoping you are wrong!

• Like 1

I brought up the question as to why aren't the Scouts doing better over the last several years? Recruitment? Management? Instructors? In-fighting? Someone responded by saying to the effect of, "bring back Scott Stewart."

Well, in 1980, for whatever reason, the Vanguard ousted Gail Royer as director. The organization brought the man (sorry, can't remember his name) who made a mark as the arranger for "Send In The Clowns" for Stan Kenton on "Kenton '76." As a result, SVC, for the first time in DCI history, finished out of the "Top Three" in Finals, ending up in 7th place (or 8th---not sure).

The next year, 1981, Gail Royer rejoined the SVC organization and the corps won its 4th DCI World Championship.

The Scouts may want to think along the same lines.

I brought up the question as to why aren't the Scouts doing better over the last several years? Recruitment? Management? Instructors? In-fighting? Someone responded by saying to the effect of, "bring back Scott Stewart."

Well, in 1980, for whatever reason, the Vanguard ousted Gail Royer as director. The organization brought the man (sorry, can't remember his name) who made a mark as the arranger for "Send In The Clowns" for Stan Kenton on "Kenton '76." As a result, SVC, for the first time in DCI history, finished out of the "Top Three" in Finals, ending up in 7th place (or 8th---not sure).

The next year, 1981, Gail Royer rejoined the SVC organization and the corps won its 4th DCI World Championship.

The Scouts may want to think along the same lines.

I love Scott, but times have changed too much.

The landscape of DCI is vastly different than when that happened with Gail.

• Like 1