MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I like this show and I think the members are showing incredible resilience this year staying with the challenges. Bravo.

However, I agree with some on this thread that it's tough to present Judas in a sympathetic light. Too much baggage there. In contrast, Martin Scorsese's film The Last Temptation of Christ casts the Judas character as one who made the ultimate sacrifice - betraying the Son of God. In fact, in the film, Jesus asks Judas to betray him for the salvation of humanity. Judas (artfully played by Harvey Keitel) at first refuses. Then he asks Jesus, "if you were me, could you betray your master?" Jesus replies, "no, that's why I get the easier job - to be crucified."

It's probably too obscure and controversial. And having Catholics protesting at the shows like some did outside theaters in 1988 would probably not help the GE scores. Maybe the Cavaliers' GE scores. :exclamation: But there was all of that cool Peter Gabriel music in the soundtrack...

Edited by GlenI

henry7184 I just wander does the judging community get it?

well. they get a printout of a synopsis of the performance to read before hand.

Hopefully they have finally started to pull this together. I still think that this show has the content to be a top 8 show.

Great number put up tonight by the Scouts. Beating Academy by 2 points is great news for them. Not far behind BS either. Looks like they've had some massive improvement over the past couple of days.

The only "true" way of knowing where any corps stands within "today's" judging system of grouping, or slotting if you will (I know, nobody likes that term, but it's reality), is that you have to have everyone performing at the same show, with the same panel. People get all excited on night "A" via a several point jump, and then when their favorite corps drops by 3 points on night "B", it's cataclysmic! I want to see the Scouts salvage all they can out of this program this summer...But, now we have to wait and see if reality has set in...with at least all of the top 13-14 present.

Edited by Mad75