If you won the lottery...

I'll take goo if it means I can keep the depth to show design that synthesized sounds allow for. I'd much rather watch a show with meaning than listen to 10 minutes of amazing, but meaningless horn playing (Cadets 2015).

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. So a synth guy for the Cascades has declared that the 2015 Cadets horn playing was meaningless. Thank you so much for your "expert" commentary. :throwupen:

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

Being totally self centered here, I would buy about 1 square mile of land somewhere in the north Georgia mountains. I would make sure there are no local noise ordinances or zoning limitations and I would build a rehearsal facility complete with multiple fields, gymnasiums, dorms, etc.

I would then rent it out for about $1 a day to Spirit, Alliance, Atlanta CV, and any other southern corps in need of rehearsal facilities.I can't begin to tell people how crippling it is to modern drum corps to find consistent, affordable rehearsal facilities.

• Like 2

Well, just a selfish personal thing I would:

Bring a corps back to life say Glassmen and set off for pure entertainment without ever thinking of making top 12.

No tuition or low tuition and no tryout fee.

Buy an entire line of Kanstul G horns and Pearl percussion

No synth and if we have 15 marimbas no amps

Do a remake of Regiments 2007 show

And sit back and enjoy the season

• Like 1

Well, just a selfish personal thing I would:

Bring a corps back to life say Glassmen and set off for pure entertainment without ever thinking of making top 12.

No tuition or low tuition and no tryout fee.

Buy an entire line of Kanstul G horns and Pearl percussion

No synth and if we have 15 marimbas no amps

Do a remake of Regiments 2007 show

And sit back and enjoy the season

Great ideas but if you have all that cash you should upgrade to Yamaha drums. :cool:

Or, for a season or two buy the rights for doing an entire Star Wars show or Star Trek show. Possibly an entire show based on James Bond intro music? Lord knows there is enough material. LOL

Edited by Mello Dude

If I said two chicks at once, would you guys get the joke?

Sure we would, and it's a great idea. A show based on mashups of various works by Chick Corea and Chick Webb.

The best part is Brent Crocker saying, "Presenting their program, 'Two Chicks at Once' ..."

Edited by Pete Freedman

Pay to have each Top 12 corps draw caption teams from a hat.

So the Crossmen could end up with BD's percussion staff

Cadets could end up with the Cavalier's guard staff

Phantom could get Crown's design team

Completely shake things up and see what happens.

Pay to have each Top 12 corps draw caption teams from a hat.

So the Crossmen could end up with BD's percussion staff

Cadets could end up with the Cavalier's guard staff

Phantom could get Crown's design team

Completely shake things up and see what happens.

That'd be pretty interesting but I feel like certain corps' characteristic sound would end up dying off because of it.

I'm not a synth player. (I actually just realized that people can interpret my name to be a reference to synth sounds. Never heard that described as "goo" before). Yes the cadets horn playing was meaningless. Experience doesn't equate to being unable to understand concepts and when you boil it down, the cadets show was about nothing of substance. They played incredibly well, but I had no reason to think during their show (aside from mental math for 30 seconds in the ballad). If you're gonna be a dick and judge the quality of what somebody has to say by their experience then god you really need to get a clue.