The Cavaliers 2016

It's evident you [Channel3] have no clue about modern history.

No, he's basically right about the history, just wrong about the definitions.

If you search on periscope for dglyde15 there is a scope of the Cavaliers from the second movement through the ending. Which is new to me. Looks pretty cool. And I noticed a new add at least put up by the alumni.

I'm wondering if this show becomes another "Mad World" - started out the season disjointed and hard to get and ended up being one hell of a show by finals.

They certainly creeped up on Vanguard last night!

I'm excited to see where they will end up - and I haven't been excited about them in a while.

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

The Mad World comparison is interesting. Though last night was a partial panel score compared to a full panel at DATR. But with Mad World I think the corps was about 7 or 8 out of the gate and through Minnesota. And by the time finals night came around there was question whether the corps might actually catch BD. Within the corps ranks and alumni that is.

• Like 1

The Mad World comparison is interesting. Though last night was a partial panel score compared to a full panel at DATR. But with Mad World I think the corps was about 7 or 8 out of the gate and through Minnesota. And by the time finals night came around there was question whether the corps might actually catch BD. Within the corps ranks and alumni that is.

Very true - don't think it will end up as high as "Mad World" did - but I am getting the same vibe from the show in that it has many layers that once developed will clear up the show a lot and hopefully allow them to get back to top 6

Later,

Mike

When I saw their preview show online with Cadets, I was thinking it was a good show, but didn't like all the megaphone stuff. However, by the time they did Muncie, it blew me away. This is definitely going to place between 3rd and 5th. I know BD and Crown are probably going 1-2 this year, but Cadets, SCV and Cavaliers are all amazing as well, and one of them will take the bronze. I would love to see SCV and Cavies tie for 3rd. Both such amazing shows, but in completely different ways.

When I saw their preview show online with Cadets, I was thinking it was a good show, but didn't like all the megaphone stuff. However, by the time they did Muncie, it blew me away. This is definitely going to place between 3rd and 5th. I know BD and Crown are probably going 1-2 this year, but Cadets, SCV and Cavaliers are all amazing as well, and one of them will take the bronze. I would love to see SCV and Cavies tie for 3rd. Both such amazing shows, but in completely different ways.

As much as I feel the same I think that the top tier includes Bluecoats. So 1-2-3 is Blue Devils, Bluecoats, and Crown. 4-6 seems possible and would be a very nice direction for the corps.

As much as I feel the same I think that the top tier includes Bluecoats. So 1-2-3 is Blue Devils, Bluecoats, and Crown. 4-6 seems possible and would be a very nice direction for the corps.

I know I am in the minority, but as much as I really enjoy Bluecoats show and music, I think their design is not top 3 level overall. They are trying to do a lot of things Blue Devils have done in the past, but nowhere near the level that BD has done. I personally think Cadets, SCV and Cavaliers have much better shows, and if they are cleaned and performed perfectly during finals week, will place 3rd, 4th and 5th, with Coats ending the year in 6th. Bluecoats really should have placed lower last year. The use of synth really covered up that hornline, which would have and probably should have dropped them 2-3 placements at finals. I really love Bluecoats show, and the Metheny music, but the drill, other than the cool use of the ramps, doesn't compare to the other top 6 corps. Again this is just my opinion.

• Like 1

79.05 tonight. Only .8 behind Santa Clara. Sorry I'm excited , but when was the last time we could say that. It's been too long.

• Like 1