Why are there so many less DCP DCA fans posting since 2012"ish&#34

Not really a fair comparison, Liz. That's like saying Ferret Legging is very popular because there are plenty of posts on the Ferret Legging sites, therefore its absence in general sports forums is irrelevant.

Look up Ferret Legging - you'll understand why it's a limited market. :tounge2:

• Like 1

Pfft. Eight hours to rehearsal is no big deal, for one or a small group. EIGHTEEN hours to a show, via buses for 120+ people? That's hard.

Fixed it for ya!

I can only speak for the corps I've marched with and taught, but each time it was either covered by dues cost or there was a small fee for riding the bus ($20), if buses were available or used.

The corps I marched with if the show was within driving distance (under 8 hours) we drove at our own expense.

If it was over a 8 hour drive we took a bus and it was paid for by the corps through dues and fundraising efforts.

Great. More northeast. How many hours between Erie and Minnesoooootah?

At least a couple of lakes. :tongue:

<< snip >>>

Look up Ferret Legging - you'll understand why it's a limited market. :tounge2:

WARNING --- WARNING --- W A R N I N G --- Once you look up ferret legging, you cannot un-look it up......... save yourselves....it's too late for me !!!

• Like 1

DCA is primarly a NE activity and does not seem to have any interest in expanding outside the NE. It will either live and thrive in the NE or die in the NE. Its entirley up to the DCA voting block.

gee and here they ran what....4/5 shows outside the NE?

Actually the same can be said for Annapolis, Md.

yes but the stadium there has a tenant that brings in far more money to the town

Google says a little more than eight hours are needed to drive from Erie to Racine, and it looks like every northeast show this year except Lynn was closer than that (although Wildood was only a few minutes closer).

getting to Erie isn't always the easiest. if you look at it just in terms of miles, it should take me 4 1/2 hours. but due to the routes needed, it takes me 6

• Like 1