Cadets 2016

Tobias

I believe French Horns are making a comeback.

That section '15 did have several key age-outs but will probably have 10 auditionees for every '16 opening.

I found their parts to be my favorite music of the 2015 show.

• Like 1

That wasn't what I meant...

I've heard the same thing - taking the french horn feature from this past year but expanding upon it with several other section features as well... It was great in 2015 - but very brief, and adding the "ta-da" to lengthen it really wasn't that effective.

• Like 1

Anyone else ever think Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra could be a really neat Cadet show? Particularly 3rd and 4th movements?

Always felt like there isn't enough there for a full show, but definite moments that would be amazing.

Edited by cadet93
  • Like 1

Anyone else ever think Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra could be a really neat Cadet show? Particularly 3rd and 4th movements?

Always felt like there isn't enough there for a full show, but definite moments that would be amazing.

It's very Cadets musically. Wonder how they would create a "story" with it which seems to be what effect judges want.
  • Like 1