Cadets 2016

Tobias

thanks for sharing the link - great article

400+ for this camp - with other camps still to come - is quite impressive

good to hear they felt the new guard staff was messing well and creating a very positive vibe - improving in that area is critical!

good to hear they felt the new guard staff was messing well and creating a very positive vibe

Wait. What?

New add to Cadets visual staff:

Jeff Young
Visual Instructor, The Cadets

The 2016 season will be Jeff Young's first summer as a member of The Cadets Visual Staff.

Jeff is currently the Visual Caption Head for the 2005 and 2012 Bands of America Grand National Champion Carmel High School Marching Band in Carmel, Ind. He has been teaching since 1996 and has been involved with marching band and drum corps since 1988.

Jeff’s pageantry experience comes from various areas including trumpet, gymnastics, dance, movement and design. He has been the Marching Band Track Division Head for the Bands of America Summer Symposium since 2009. In addition, Jeff has judged for Drum Corps International and Bands of America, and he designs drills and frequently teaches clinics on marching and movement.

Jeff also holds a degree in Biology from the University of Notre Dame and a Masters degree in Curriculum & Instruction from Indiana University.

Welcome!!

I'll say one thing about this year's show that was said, There will be three soloists on three different instruments throughout the show. ;) That is all haha

How did camp go? Good turnout? Vets?

I had completely pulled out a brown one on the visual portion of my audition but otherwise it was enlightening, I'm going to march elsewhere then acquire my spot next year :)

Always good to have a plan B. Have a wonderful experience wherever you go!

Well sure, that's a given. There's are also fees for the school, transportation, staff fees that should be budgeted and other misc things. But, I would wager it isn't a wash. The more the number of camp attendee's, the more potential for temporary cash flow... no matter which corps we are talking about.

true, but that doesnt equate strining kids along