Cadets 2016

Tobias

Since the Cadets do not have a new director and have used the same brass line for years, my thoughts X are about DCI corps in general. The discussions are similar to what corps have announced in previous years.

Edited by Ghost

Around Dec. of last year GD, Hop posted on facebook clips of the Cadets music. That's when many started getting really excited. This year, it's on periscope and earlier in the audition process.

I'm sorry 2kCadet if my posts come across to some as negative. Each year it gets tiresome reading about a corps newest director and their resume showing they are on their third corps in not too many years; another corps changes their brass provider and says "Excited to announce our partnership with @yamahacorpus! We are proud to be able to give our members the best instruments in the world in 2016." Then why did this corps wait so long to get "the best instruments"? All the musical chairs with staff, etc. just makes me chuckle.

then don't read it, pretty simple

Since the Cadets do not have a new director and have used the same brass line for years, my thoughts X are about DCI corps in general. The discussions are similar to what corps have announced in previous years.

Then why would you say "maybe i should stay off THIS thread" if you concede that nothing you said applies to Cadets? Clearly I'm confused.

Last year it was facebook clips and most had a "warm and fuzzy" feeling. Time to either get off the internet or skip this thread.

hmmmmm unlike some corps who have to post if there's a new truck driver to stay on the main page...lol..some corps give information some hype. The thing with hype is you then have to deliver. we may not always like what Cadets do for a show or some design choices BUT that's just opinion or their choice. They sure do deliver though at a high level for quite some time already.

Then why would you say "maybe i should stay off THIS thread" if you concede that nothing you said applies to Cadets? Clearly I'm confused.

Last attempt.

After finals we start reading about changes of staff, mgmt., equip., etc. In many cases, it's the same folks that are going from corps A to corps B and previously taught at corps C and maybe others. I used the Cadets because they do a great job of sending out videos of what's happening during auditions. Last year when the music for "10" was taking shape, some on DCP were getting woodies. Now we are getting snippets of Pines and some are getting pumped up. Boston calls Yamaha the best for the corps and I wonder why are they switching now after all these years with perceived inferior brass providers. Colts signed on Howard W. a short time back and he's on his third corps since around 2007. An NFL team has their fourth OC/DC in four/five years and the teams wonder why they struggle. The seniority of the BD has been a topic on DCP and their longevity is considered a plus to their success.

To me, it's the same board game where the pieces never leave the board, but land with another corps and in some cases a corps these pieces were with once before.

Last attempt.

After finals we start reading about changes of staff, mgmt., equip., etc. In many cases, it's the same folks that are going from corps A to corps B and previously taught at corps C and maybe others. I used the Cadets because they do a great job of sending out videos of what's happening during auditions. Last year when the music for "10" was taking shape, some on DCP were getting woodies. Now we are getting snippets of Pines and some are getting pumped up. Boston calls Yamaha the best for the corps and I wonder why are they switching now after all these years with perceived inferior brass providers. Colts signed on Howard W. a short time back and he's on his third corps since around 2007. An NFL team has their fourth OC/DC in four/five years and the teams wonder why they struggle. The seniority of the BD has been a topic on DCP and their longevity is considered a plus to their success.

To me, it's the same board game where the pieces never leave the board, but land with another corps and in some cases a corps these pieces were with once before.

So you have no point. Got it.

I think it's great that corps make announcements and release snippets of shows. Many people like it and it helps alumni and fans get motivated. But I want to be surprised this upcoming seasons so I'm choosing to wait until the season begins to listen/watch any shows. Last year I watched as much as I could to the point that by the time there was a contest performance, I felt like I knew some shows from front to back. I'd like to return to being surprised when the seasons starts. It's short enough as it is and the off season just feels so much longer than usual - that being said with no CDs and DVDs to discuss yet.