Cadets 2016

Tobias

That's the magic of preseason. Everyone is a potential champion. I like that. Unfortunately, a lot of the preseason hype comes crashing down after the first couple competitions.

Agree about the hype. Cadets don't hype, they just put out vids. More substance, less BS. What the judges like and dislike..... We'll watch that unfold as always.
  • Like 3

Agree about the hype. Cadets don't hype, they just put out vids. More substance, less BS. What the judges like and dislike..... We'll watch that unfold as always.

Yup. And let the bitterness begin !! Last year I would have had Cadets and Crown 1 and 2, and really in either order, they were both that good. But judging isn't for a simpleton like me. I'm not sophisticated enough to understand why BD's approach puts them on top with boring regularity.

• Like 3

Seriously. The pic of Clint Eastwood is nice but let me see 5 + minutes of the percussion as Cadets put out then we'll talk..

that pic is not remotely from crown. it's just fan hype.

as for crown releasing material -- imho they've released FAR more this year than they have in the past.

baby steps!

Edited by corpsband

Oh, I thought maybe their show would be titled "Make My Day"...or "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (Knickerbockers 1969), or maybe "Hang 'em High" (ah!!!! BS 1969/70). :tounge2:

as for crown releasing material -- imho they've released FAR more this year than they have in the past.

baby steps!

Well that's good. I'm think Medea hoe down. That would be different 😳
  • Like 1

Yup. And let the bitterness begin !! Last year I would have had Cadets and Crown 1 and 2, and really in either order, they were both that good. But judging isn't for a simpleton like me. I'm not sophisticated enough to understand why BD's approach puts them on top with boring regularity.

HD, agreed but I'm cautiously optimistic with what I heard and know from Cadetland. They realized after last season that "showcasing talented brass, percussion and movement" is not going g to win as in the past. A deeper story line that can be enjoyed after one viewing but enough nuances for repeated views by judges and us is the new formula. What judges like can be murky but I think we'll see a smarter Cadets this season. IMO

Edited by Tobias

Oh, I thought maybe their show would be titled "Make My Day"...or "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (Knickerbockers 1969), or maybe "Hang 'em High" (ah!!!! BS 1969/70). :tounge2:

Well they have released a clip from the TGBU (thus the pic) . FWIW I'd be ok with any of those three shows!

Well they have released a clip from the TGBU (thus the pic) . FWIW I'd be ok with any of those three shows!

Ah, have not watched it yet. The Knickerbockers used it as their opener in 69. Had a neat mellophone part on the melody, if I recall.

I've seen nothing to suggest your shrimp pasta is any good....

Whereas your shrimp fettuccine has won numerous James Beard Awards. :doh:

• Like 1

baby steps!

Agreed. They have had several great clips I've really enjoyed.