Cadets 2016

Tobias

don't sell yourself or the times you marched. IF, it weren't for the past there would be no present!

Agreed. The kids I sponsored are so excited! They're hyped for a great season! I remember feeling that way! Edited by Tobias

don't sell yourself or the times you marched. IF, it weren't for the past there would be no present!

Thanks! I loved when I marched...we were so far ahead of our time it was just fun to be in he corps.

• Like 2

anyone forgetting what the Cadets are about needs to watch this... especially the second half of this

https://youtu.be/mJg3Mqj8ia8

Hint: it isn't about the uniform.

Because my work wifi is so terrible I didn't even try to view this video. Instead I made what I thought was a funny comment.

But, tonight, now that I have (again) watched the video of that incredible moment and of that incredible show, I'm reminded once again that, really, what's happening in Washington, or in the markets, or in the EU, or even in the middle East is not nearly as important as the lessons these young kids are learning on the Field of Dreams of drum corps. This video is surely a great example of that inner spirit, among many examples from many years and among many corps and each of them is building the kind of tested strength of character that is rare among kids' activities, and is our future.

The tears that run down my face as I enjoy the production are as much for the Music and Movement as they are for the pride I feel for the guts, courage, strength, drive, and determination that this activity breeds in the kids who bring it to me.

It's not about the uniform because I saw it in black in 2015, too.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 4

Do not see anything that will bring them up this year (FB).

You're obviously a Crown honk; me, too. But have you SEEN the videos of Cadets drum line?

If that's not an example of "anything that will bring them up..." then, IMO, you're not paying attention.

(disclaimer: I haven't yet seen BD, or Crown, or 'Coats, or BK, or anyone else...)

Do not see anything that will bring them up this year (FB).

Whereas we've seen a ton of stuff from Crown and other corps showing they've stepped up their game....

You're obviously a Crown honk; me, too. But have you SEEN the videos of Cadets drum line?

If that's not an example of "anything that will bring them up..." then, IMO, you're not paying attention.

(disclaimer: I haven't yet seen BD, or Crown, or 'Coats, or BK, or anyone else...)

Cadets brass ain't too shabby either but it's cool. We all honk for teams.

I made Shrimp pasta last night....

I've seen nothing to suggest your shrimp pasta is any good....

• Like 2

Whereas we've seen a ton of stuff from Crown and other corps showing they've stepped up their game....

Seriously. The pic of Clint Eastwood is nice but let me see 5 + minutes of the percussion as Cadets put out then we'll talk.. Edited by Tobias

Seriously. The pic of Clint Eastwood is nice but let me see 5 + minutes of the percussion as Cadets put out then we'll talk..

That's the magic of preseason. Everyone is a potential champion. I like that. Unfortunately, a lot of the preseason hype comes crashing down after the first couple competitions.

• Like 2