Cadets 2016

Tobias

The kids on the field usually know if they've made errors or not. If each person marched his best show, they look at each other and the look on their face will tell them about each other. They all know if they nailed it or not. :cool:

very TRUE

• Like 1

2014 Cadets guard was great, top 3. They couldn't return in 2015 at the last second. 2013 guard was weak as well

2014 guard though was emotionally void - this 2016 guard just reek energy. Think Cadets 93 or Cadets 89

George I watched the run tonight on DCI Live. The guard has some nice moments. But they are still so dirty. And there seem to be some moments where they are probably changing some of the work. I hope they continue to improve. Compared to Coats they have a long way to go.

George I watched the run tonight on DCI Live. The guard has some nice moments. But they are still so dirty. And there seem to be some moments where they are probably changing some of the work. I hope they continue to improve. Compared to Coats they have a long way to go.

I agree, a lot of work to do and some nice moments so far. Glad it has some "life to it" and hope they continue to improve this season. The book is very tough and demanding, they still really seem to be playing catch up, another week or so we'll have a better sense IMO of how they'll do this season

• Like 2

My yardstick for measuring where the season may go starts around July 4 when the corps start hitting the 80 mark. It's no guarantee of final placements of course but by now the kids have learned all the notes and know where to march and begin to really perform their shows.

I give full props to the top corps like the Cadets who year-after-year put an incredibly complex and demanding show on the field and come out in Show #1 with a great performance.

Talking over Cadet's shoulder to all the top corps and speaking as a fan, thank you! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Awesome score tonight, they're definitely still in the thick of things. Interesting to hear that GH is adamant about keeping color out of the show, not sure whether that will come back to bite them or not

I agree that the guard still is dirty in moments. However, what those kids are being asked to do compared to what the Coats guard is being asked to do both choreographically as well as design wise is far more demanding. Not taking anything away from Coats guard, however, their book doesn't have nearly the meat that the Cadets guard book has nor do the Coats guard perform like the Cadets guard. That is where you will see the difference. The Cadets guard will get cleaner everyday. The Coats will eventually plateau, IMO.

• Like 4

Awesome score tonight, they're definitely still in the thick of things. Interesting to hear that GH is adamant about keeping color out of the show, not sure whether that will come back to bite them or not

I'll tell you one thing, it'll make the return to the regular maroon and gold uniforms after this season all the more exciting.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

the good thing about that - if they start getting GE comments about the lack of color - it's as simple as changing some flags

I agree that the guard still is dirty in moments. However, what those kids are being asked to do compared to what the Coats guard is being asked to do both choreographically as well as design wise is far more demanding. Not taking anything away from Coats guard, however, their book doesn't have nearly the meat that the Cadets guard book has nor do the Coats guard perform like the Cadets guard. That is where you will see the difference. The Cadets guard will get cleaner everyday. The Coats will eventually plateau, IMO.

Hmm, dunno Jim Woods will add some meat as the season goes on. It really is a question for the judges of are you rewarding rhyhmtic moments or more of a whole concept and story. I see Bloos show as a series of Rhythmic moments, and that has been rewarded the past few seasons by the Judges, so we will see.

Edited by cadet93