Cadets 2016

Tobias

I have to say, after seeing this show live, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Makes MUCH more sense in person.

Edited by UKSuperman
  • Like 1

I think The Cadets have a demanding show musically...more demand and content than SCV or Cavaliers. And visually they have a better show than Cavies I think. Although I do like The Cavies this year so much more than in the past several. The concept and the way the show works from an effect standpoint may limit it....but I doubt it falls to fifth or sixth.

agree - I figure it's probably a 4th place show, maybe higher if they can start closing up the gap

they are dirty dirty dirty right now - so maybe a point or 1.5 of the gap is dirt / need to generate more effect too - some of that will come with a cleaner show - but I also think they need a few more changes. It's "getting there" but not quite the visual package needed to challenge the top 3 corps right now

• Like 2

Cadets make things hard for themselves. Rewriting shows for first half of season. Can we start to clean now? Still 2 points down from Bloo and Crown (same as first show). The enormous dirt compared to above them gives me a small glimmer of hope that some surge may occur if someone over them peaks but SCV and Cavies are right next to them. Cadets need to create magic at end of season and surge like the old days.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 3

Cadets make things hard for themselves. Rewriting shows for first half of season. Can we start to clean now? Still 2 points down from Bloo and Crown (same as first show). The enormous dirt compared to above them gives me a small glimmer of hope that some surge may occur if someone over them peaks but SCV and Cavies are right next to them. Cadets either create magic at end of season or possibly fall to 5-6 place. Time to step up if you're still one of the big boys.

Yet people suggest The Cadets need to make all these changes to make the show better in their opinion, and now they've made changes, you expect them to be clean NOW???? It's July 17th. Give it time. They'll do what they need to do. Relax.

• Like 2

Yet people suggest The Cadets need to make all these changes to make the show better in their opinion, and now they've made changes, you expect them to be clean NOW???? It's July 17th. Give it time. They'll do what they need to do. Relax.

Saw Cadets last night in KY. Greatly improved since I last saw them in Indy (though really loved the show there). Yes, there's dirt. But they've got plenty of time to clean it. Uni's, BTW, are great. Love the white with black. They looked pretty darn good to me. Music, as always, is terrific.

Cadets came into this season with some pretty high expectations. They be fine.

• Like 1

I understand the process just want them to finish up the changes and clean. They're leaving 1.5 points every show on the table because of dirt. Didn't mean to get negative before. I just get frustrated when the design team has entire off season to put a show together and they come up with something where half needs to be rewritten during the season.

Do the Cadets post a daily schedule anywhere online? I've been looking but can't find it because I just drove by their rehearsal.

Do the Cadets post a daily schedule anywhere online? I've been looking but can't find it because I just drove by their rehearsal.

SCHEDULE FOR July 17th --- DEKALB, ILLINOIS

11:00 pm – head to Warrensburg (housing is Lee’s Summit)

10:50 pm – Butts in Seat

9:30 pm – Pack and load

9:05 pm – perform

8:50 pm – Gate

7:00 pm -- Arrive (long walks)

6:00 pm – depart for show

4:15 pm – EPL

2:45 pm – Ensemble

2:30 pm – Set up

12:30 pm – Sectionals

12:00 pm – percussion stadium

11:45 am – Lunch

11:30 am – percussion lunch

9:15 am – visual block

8:45 am – S and R

8:30 am – Day

7:30 am – Wake

5:30 am – arrive and to sleep

• Like 1

I understand the process just want them to finish up the changes and clean. They're leaving 1.5 points every show on the table because of dirt. Didn't mean to get negative before. I just get frustrated when the design team has entire off season to put a show together and they come up with something where half needs to be rewritten during the season.

To be fair though...some of this is outside of their control. With Jeff Sacktig not writing the drill so he could take time for his family, a new drill writer had to be found. However, much of the problem started probably with bringing in a brand new visual team. Whether you like George Hopkins or not, it was his decision to make those changes. And the guard may be better, but the marching may not be up to the standard they have set.