Cadets 2016

Tobias

Agree with many comments here. But it's also important to put things in perspective. If anyone is going to define success according to scores alone, then that is a shame. And if anyone is going to define success according to gold medals, then consider this: in the past decade, Crown has won only once, SCV hasn't won at all, and Bloo hasn't won at all.

Just food for thought. For me, it's so hard to quantify my enjoyment of a show until YEARS have passed. So far, one thing I really like about Cadets this year is their drumline. This COULD go down as my favorite percussion of all time.

Great comments, thanks for your thoughtfulness, without the condescending eye rolls.

For the record, I definitely do not only analyze shows based on how well they score. Some of my favorite shows of all time we're not high-scoring shows. I can appreciate what cadets do right alongside what bluecoats do and anyone else for that matter.

And really I don't even know or care whether a show scored well I only care if I loved it and it created an emotional connection with me.

Edited by MikeRapp

I'm only referring to themes.

Cool. But you do realize crown staff and team is a hybrid of CADETS designer and caption heads plus STAR folks, and Star was staffed by a bunch of ex Cadets folks as well. So pretty much it's the other way around.

Could be a crown show? Oh brother.

Some of the things on this site...

Could be a BD show.

(I keed. I keed.)

Cool. But you do realize crown staff and team is a hybrid of CADETS designer and caption heads plus STAR folks, and Star was staffed by a bunch of ex Cadets folks as well. So pretty much it's the other way around.

While that is true, they weren't exactly doing shows like that with the Cadets. Unless any of them were with Cadets in 2005. That should could have very well been a modern day Crown show.

Could be a BD show.

(I keed. I keed.)

It would be awesome if BD did a Devil show and the Cadets do an Angel show and finals week they fight it out hahaha

• Like 1

While that is true, they weren't exactly doing shows like that with the Cadets. Unless any of them were with Cadets in 2005. That should could have very well been a modern day Crown show.

Crown couldn't pull off that show. Out of their wheel house. The percussion guy at cadets in 2005 is at Crown now.

God, please... No rabbits.

I took one of these about an hour ago!!

Crown couldn't pull off that show. Out of their wheel house. The percussion guy at cadets in 2005 is at Crown now.

I'm sorry, but the only thing Crown MAYBE couldn't have down would have been the scatting by the drumline and the drum book in general. Brass would be VERY capable and so would the guard. If anything, 2013 Crown would have been out of the wheel house for Cadets, but we arent talking about that.

I'm sorry, but the only thing Crown MAYBE couldn't have down would have been the scatting by the drumline and the drum book in general. Brass would be VERY capable and so would the guard. If anything, 2013 Crown would have been out of the wheel house for Cadets, but we arent talking about that.

I agree some shows aren't in a corps wheel house. It actually works both ways. 2005 Cadets show really wouldn't focus on Crown's strengths. And as you mention 2013 Crown show doesn't really suit Cadets.

Both corps have the talents necessary to march the drill and play the books. Doesn't mean it would be magical. Lol.

Did you see Cadets 2005 live? Probably the most dominating corps ever, along with 2014 BD. That corps was wickedly good. Love Crown but they havent had a show of that level just yet.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2