Cadets 2016

Tobias

Atleast the weather is clear for Annapolis!! I'm excited

Try to keep Tekk nice and calm. He'll be extra angsty with all that Navy brass about (and I don't mean bugles.)

posted this ONLY because for the first time in forever the Cadets thread was relegated to page 2 of the day for DCP. Sshhh.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Appears that Tiberius Hopkinus (Cadets FB parody account) has signed off for the season... even the statues are busy busy busy getting clean:

13876660_166682740420829_669325517485401

Tiberius Hopkinus with Daniel Fish in Annapolis, Maryland.

13 hrs ·

This has been quite the journey. When I was trying to step back to take care of the end of season crush, it seems my list of new FB friends continues to grow uncontrolled. I really want to thank each of you for spurring me on and creating a great community spirit. We definitely fed off of each other.

Taking a step back I wanted to give a more serious explanation for what it all means. Starting out I was not sure where it would end up but had a gut feeling it could be fairly viral. I did enjoy combining my love of geography, music, Cadets, education, history, and strange sense of humor. Many of these Cadets will go on to to become educators themselves and leaders. Of this I am sure.

I must now decrease so they can increase. I will be at the final banquet only as a listener to the Cadets and the staff. This is their time. So this will serve as my end of season speech. Looking to the humans with deeper philosophical skills than I, this one linked below the paragraph captured perfectly the meshing of geography and education that are dear to me. And in a more profound way than anything from Shakespeare, bringing tears to this statues eyes. Perhaps you will have a similar reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FagAjZHrmUQ

Appears that Tiberius Hopkinus (Cadets FB parody account) has signed off for the season... even the statues are busy busy busy getting clean:

13876660_166682740420829_669325517485401

Tiberius Hopkinus with Daniel Fish in Annapolis, Maryland.

13 hrs ·

This has been quite the journey. When I was trying to step back to take care of the end of season crush, it seems my list of new FB friends continues to grow uncontrolled. I really want to thank each of you for spurring me on and creating a great community spirit. We definitely fed off of each other.

Taking a step back I wanted to give a more serious explanation for what it all means. Starting out I was not sure where it would end up but had a gut feeling it could be fairly viral. I did enjoy combining my love of geography, music, Cadets, education, history, and strange sense of humor. Many of these Cadets will go on to to become educators themselves and leaders. Of this I am sure.

I must now decrease so they can increase. I will be at the final banquet only as a listener to the Cadets and the staff. This is their time. So this will serve as my end of season speech. Looking to the humans with deeper philosophical skills than I, this one linked below the paragraph captured perfectly the meshing of geography and education that are dear to me. And in a more profound way than anything from Shakespeare, bringing tears to this statues eyes. Perhaps you will have a similar reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FagAjZHrmUQ

Hey nice quote from John the Baptist. Just don't lose your head cleaning up all that pigeon poop that speckles those statues. (Now wouldn't that be a GE moment for the closer if a pigeon landed on Adonis and...)

($1 to the pigeon lover who posted this in the endings thread but got so little luv.)

Edited by xandandl

For all those donating a head of arugula for the homeless, one is entitled to one brief autographing session with Tekk and Cappybara.

Warning though, if you mention BD to schmooze Cappy and Tekk overhears you, your seats will be on the back sideline.

https://yea.showare.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=10

• Like 1

Go to his facebook page and ask him. I'm sure he'll tell you.

Have a feeling Hopkins is a busy boy today - worrying about his home show in Annapolis (great tickets still available) while also working with the instructors and volunteers busily supporting and teaching the Cadets while they rapidly clean and improve their show

I've had a lot of requests for the run video from last night - I'm putting the link here but please don't post the link elsewhere. If someone wants me to remove the link I will do so here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9dGc7tw_c

Corps sounds incredible (personally I think better than last year and approaching as good as 2013)

Drill and staging is much improved - they are busy cleaning segments today and yesterday, mostly in the closer and ballad

Guard is RAPIDLY improving.

The ending is a very nice build in person and really brings the program full circle

• Like 2

Woo hoo! Last minute work trip places me in Philly on Thursday. Just bought a ticket for some Cadets goodness in Chester!

• Like 4

Woo hoo! Last minute work trip places me in Philly on Thursday. Just bought a ticket for some Cadets goodness in Chester!

If you haven't been to that stadium for drum corps YOU WILL LOVE IT

The sound is literally the best stadium I've ever heard for drum corps

• Like 1