Cadets 2016

Tobias

Ohhhh........MYYYYYYYYYY.........GOD!

The re-write is even more MONSTROUS than the original!

I'm speechless... I'm finding it hard to even...ummm...breath after that...

This is fun. I'm wagering that Darryl turns em loose at the end there. Jeff would write something geometric and achievable by humans, but Darryl is a 90's Cadets guy and takes after Sully in disregarding physics when designing shows.

• Like 1

This is fun. I'm wagering that Darryl turns em loose at the end there. Jeff would write something geometric and achievable by humans, but Darryl is a 90's Cadets guy and takes after Sully in disregarding physics when designing shows.

Cadets? Unachievable drill? Never!

sounds great -- the laws of physics are totally overrated :)

I am so happy!

I just learned that the Cadets are coming back to Broken Arrow this summer! I am also going to make the 2-3 hour trek east to Bentonville to see crown and BD. A good summer for me, it seems.

• Like 1

YEA! announced the suspension (until 2017) of the Cadets Winter Percussion (and Winter Guard) in order to retool the programs, lock down rehearsal space for all their programs, and allow the guard staff to focus on Cadets & C2

Youth Education in the Arts Announces Hiatus for Indoor Programming

As it develops plans to improve the experience and operation of its two winter ensembles, YEA! has decided its indoor percussion and guard groups will not compete during the 2016-17 season.

“We know we can provide our students with a quality experience of the highest level that aligns with the values and culture of the Cadets’ Ensembles. We are going to use the next season to develop that potential for both the Cadets indoor percussion and guard programs,” said George Hopkins, the CEO of YEA!

The board of YEA! endorsed the plan for Cadets Winter Percussion and Cadets Winter Guard at its meeting on May 14. The intention is for both CWP and CWG to renew rehearsals in October of 2017 for a return to competition over the winter of 2018.

The two ensembles are different, and the rationale for a hiatus is unique to each, although there are some shared challenges. Among those are:

· Space – With two indoor groups and two drum corps, one or more YEA! ensembles are rehearsing more than half the weekends each year. We’re seeking an effective, economical solution to a fundamental requirement for our performing ensembles.

· People – Running our winter programs to the standard we set with for Cadets requires people not just for leadership but for every aspect of support and operation. That means the right people – and enough of them – in the right roles.

· Finances –YEA! invests generously in these and all its ensembles as part of its core mission. While continuing to do so, we also seek to develop a more sustainable model with more direct support.

As for the specific programs:

Cadets Indoor Guard

The CADETS INDOOR GUARD continues on hiatus consistent with the preferences of the guard staffs of Cadets and Cadets 2. The two summer ensembles have required great effort and the team wants to be devoted completely to the summer guards. With this in mind, the preparation for the Winter is not something that most believe we have the resources for at this time.

Continued:

https://www.facebook.com/cadets.org/posts/10154276470056349

Today Cadets administration and teaching staff start moving in to camp for Spring Training

Tomorrow the Cadets 2016 members arrive!

Does anyone know if George Hop. will be periscoping and posting as much as he did last season?

I'm sure...

YEA! announced the suspension (until 2017) of the Cadets Winter Percussion (and Winter Guard) in order to retool the programs, lock down rehearsal space for all their programs, and allow the guard staff to focus on Cadets & C2

Youth Education in the Arts Announces Hiatus for Indoor Programming

As it develops plans to improve the experience and operation of its two winter ensembles, YEA! has decided its indoor percussion and guard groups will not compete during the 2016-17 season.

We know we can provide our students with a quality experience of the highest level that aligns with the values and culture of the Cadets Ensembles. We are going to use the next season to develop that potential for both the Cadets indoor percussion and guard programs, said George Hopkins, the CEO of YEA!

The board of YEA! endorsed the plan for Cadets Winter Percussion and Cadets Winter Guard at its meeting on May 14. The intention is for both CWP and CWG to renew rehearsals in October of 2017 for a return to competition over the winter of 2018.

The two ensembles are different, and the rationale for a hiatus is unique to each, although there are some shared challenges. Among those are:

· Space With two indoor groups and two drum corps, one or more YEA! ensembles are rehearsing more than half the weekends each year. Were seeking an effective, economical solution to a fundamental requirement for our performing ensembles.

· People Running our winter programs to the standard we set with for Cadets requires people not just for leadership but for every aspect of support and operation. That means the right people and enough of them in the right roles.

· Finances YEA! invests generously in these and all its ensembles as part of its core mission. While continuing to do so, we also seek to develop a more sustainable model with more direct support.

As for the specific programs:

Cadets Indoor Guard

The CADETS INDOOR GUARD continues on hiatus consistent with the preferences of the guard staffs of Cadets and Cadets 2. The two summer ensembles have required great effort and the team wants to be devoted completely to the summer guards. With this in mind, the preparation for the Winter is not something that most believe we have the resources for at this time.

Continued:

https://www.facebook.com/cadets.org/posts/10154276470056349

I was very surprised since CWP was pretty competitive right out of the gate. Kids from Cadets, Crown and others participated. Maybe after 3 seasons GH felt it should be even stronger so wants to revamp the program and with he DC season starting, not enough time to do it for next winter season hence the hiatus.. Edited by Tobias