Cadets 2016

Tobias

There is a bit of confusion on this between your understanding of the BOD set up and that explained from Cadet alum, xandandl. I don't know now if the Board is " all appointed by GH " , or if he just has one vote.

I never had the privilege of auditioning or marching there. I was on staff though for many, many years.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

agreed, but this isn't a money thing.

In drum corps... all corps, at every level, in every circuit/governing organization... every decision, to at least some degree, is a "money thing." :tongue:

Well, I have been told by many teachers/advisers in my life, who I do honestly consider to be wise, that people who have a great passion for something will be difficult to work with and sometimes be set in their way without budging.

Good observation, imo. Just about all the Great Thinkers in Mankind's history, tended not to do so well, for example, working on a committee with others with the primary goal of the need for compromise and / or consensus building. These pioneer thinkers all ( pardon the bad Drum Corps pun ) marched to the beat of a different drummer, and mostly went it alone. They led.... and ultimately got others to follow them in the advancement of Mankind's knowledge.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

In drum corps... all corps, at every level, in every circuit/governing organization... every decision, to at least some degree, is a "money thing." :tongue:

very true... to some degree. This one seems more about teaching staff and support staff than "just" a money thing

Good observation, imo. Just about all the Great Thinkers in Mankind's history, tended not to do so well, for example, working on a committee with others with the primary goal of the need for compromise and / or consensus building. These pioneer thinkers all ( pardon the bad Drum Corps pun ) marched to the beat of a different drummer, and mostly went it alone. They led.... and ultimately got others to follow them in the advancement of Mankind's knowledge.

Think Steve Jobs. The guy literally "changed the world" but was almost universally disliked. Hopkins has played a big role in literally changing the drum corps world

Now who knows what would have been in computer and/or drum corps without them. But it is what it is.

Change is very uncomfortable for most people. Very.

Objects are rest tend to stay at rest.

• Like 1

Yup... even when it comes to whether or not to march.

Think Steve Jobs. The guy literally "changed the world" but was almost universally disliked.

Or, if one is religiously inclined, think Jesus Christ. Talk about " changing the world", but " being crucified "................ literally.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1