Cadets 2016

Tobias

JJ is right, Worthington. (Westerville is a Worthington wannabe.) I'm not nearly pretentious enough for either New Albany or Bexley, but Westerville would certainly love to have me.

Cadets have enjoyed having several MMs over the years from the Westerville h.s., two whom I recall were in the snare line. Jon Merritt hails from that section of Ohio, no?

Well those two cities are also the burbs, but they're on different sides of downtown. I'm sure they also have good desert places. Worthington is nice too. Maybe a bunch of stuff from Mrs. Goodman's Baking company would be tasty....

I just found out THIS place is close in Columbus, although I can't figure out where exactly. Fried Chicken cookies??? Ranch dressing cookies??

But they're from the night the Cadets played the Columbus Clippers and Steinbrunner took on Zingali.... ask Hopkins for the unedited version. Almost as good as his version of that night in Columbus, Wisconsin!!! ???

I was at that show! In the old Clippers stadium. Cadets marched on the pitcher's mound when told not to. It was not pretty. They never came back.

We've yet to attract the Cadets back to our ECMG (June 28th this year - buy a ticket!) in the beautiful Dublin Coffman stadium. The lingering effects of "The Battle" remain, I guess...

I was at that show! In the old Clippers stadium. Cadets marched on the pitcher's mound when told not to. It was not pretty. They never came back.

We've yet to attract the Cadets back to our ECMG (June 28th this year - buy a ticket!) in the beautiful Dublin Coffman stadium. The lingering effects of "The Battle" remain, I guess...

So was I and yes, the tension was tight! Newspaper in Greater NY had a headline similar to "NY Yankees pick local church drum corps" or some such. cf. the Cadets book by Shaw and Cinzio.

However, under further review pondering your link above, these might help my recouperation nicely. Hurry quick before my Johnstown teeshirt arrives and has to be re-sized.

Oatmeal Dark Pecan Cherry

It has oatmeal. And dark chocolate chips. And pecans. And dried tart cherries. It has everything you would ever want in a cookie. All those ingredients are brought together with some rich maple syrup, which makes this cookie chewy. You don't even have to think about these other cookies. This is what you want. You know it.

Watching my carb intake. It's beach/pool season so I guess I'll leave the Cadets thread for now...🤔

I just found out THIS place is close in Columbus, although I can't figure out where exactly. Fried Chicken cookies??? Ranch dressing cookies??

They don't have a store front, but they'll deliver to you if you're local. I heard that you can get them at Hills Market on Grant Avenue... Maybe they're sold at the Hills Market on Olentangy River Road?

I think the Strawberry lemon cookies sound good.

Clearly I'd want to sample some of the goods before sending them to my corps, but they sound fabulous!

I'm going to Allentown 1, Clifton, Jupiter FL, Atlanta, Allentown 2 and INDY!

Cadets you better not suck or I'll be ######!😤

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2