Cadets 2016

Tobias

I think one thing to keep in mind are the design staffs of the other "top tier" corps.

For the most part:

Crown's staff = Pride of Cincinnati

Bluecoats sfaff = SCV winterguard staff

Blue Devils staff = Well Scott Chandler all you need to say - WGI champion designer for how many years in a row.

These are proven winners in the pageantry arts - WGI and BOA judges consider those 3 staffs the apex of design.

Cadets visual design staff is largely unproven. Yes Claudia Taylor Johnson does well on the TX BOA circuit, and Mechanicsburg and Black Gold are solid in WGI, but have they don't have the reputations of these other designers.

It is what it is....

One of the things I find most valuable about this forum are posts like this from Cadet93. Providing an insight to the sport beyond what meets the eye to explain how the strings get pulled in the competition.

• Like 2

I'm keeping silent on the Cadets until I see some changes and cleaning done! I like their music and new approach this year so far!

Cappy is tough but fair with Cadets.

Agree. Time to roll up ones sleeves and earn a reputation.

Sometimes that hunger to make a name is fierce.

Colin McNutt comes to mind

• Like 1

I guess I just disagree. Need to see Cadets at least up on Cavaliers 1.5 points or more tonight or the show is an issue and needs major rewrites

Cadets can't settle for second tier and that 2+ point gap the other night alludes to that as the reality

Cadets beat Crown by 2 points last year first show and look how that turned out,

From Hopkins fb:

"Go Cadets

some changes, additions, and thinking have gone on,

Statues Awakening

- coming to a stadium in Whitewater"

• Like 2

^ very different situation than this imo

Let's see what changes they do and how well they clean. Even in current form, I love the opener, ballad may be the best of the season, percussion is solid... They've moved from Zpulls and ten minutes of non stop drill to a better balance of Music (brass, percussion, syn ) than in the past with non stop brass playing which forced Jeff to write visual to feature the brass constantly leaving guard as a back drop. Good strides in the right direction. Slow out of the gate for sure but I won't write them off just yet. No crystal ball but it's way too early. Edited by Tobias

From Hopkins fb:

"Go Cadets

some changes, additions, and thinking have gone on,

Statues Awakening

- coming to a stadium in Whitewater"

Very nice, very nice.