Cadets 2016

Tobias

STONE

It's clearly going to be an abstract theme about "the power of stone" where there's just a bunch of random references to stones thrown together with a visual theme of rocks all over the field.

Channel3 will love it.

STONE

It's clearly going to be an abstract theme about "the power of stone" where there's just a bunch of random references to stones thrown together with a visual theme of rocks all over the field.

Channel3 will love it.

It could be about the origin of Stone and how it affected all of humanity via death and despair. Cadets showcasing "Stoned" the show in which the MMs mill off their DM for massive effect points by blowing her head off with a wall of stones(sound).

STONE

Channel3 will love it.

Oh I'm sure the quarry will be hard at work harvesting everything it can.

Edited by xandandl

These facts and figures come from the most recent GH fundraising letter. The increased numbers of MMs would include the 4 alternates I presume.

we have our second rehearsal and audition of the 2016 season coming up this weekend in New Jersey. I can assure you, the 154 Cadets who are preparing to hit the road this summer are already excited and working very hard, and I write to you today about a very special opportunity that is completely new this year.

For the very first time, YOU can be a seat partner to your very own Cadet - or even to more than one if you like. Yes indeed, in a unique way, YOU CAN BE ON TOUR with us in 2016!

Here's how it works.

It costs $1.3 million to fund The Cadets each year. Between tuition, performance fees and income from other fundraisers, The Cadets raise about $900,000 annually. That remaining $400,000 comes from merchandise sales, some assistance from music merchandise partners, and most importantly, from YOU, our FRIENDS, FANS and ALUMNI. We don't always meet our fundraising goals, but we have been close over the past few years, and to say that we are grateful, well, that would be a great understatement.

In 2015, your generosity provided a second motor-coach for our volunteers, and this year we have a NEW TWIST: We are asking you to sponsor a bus seat for a real member of The 2016 Cadets!

Each bus costs $55,000 to operate during the summer tour. That works out to just about $1,000 per seat, or $1,000 per member of the corps.

So, with a donation of $1,000, YOU can cover the full cost of one Cadet's transportation on your choice of the Drum Bus, Brass Bus or Guard Bus.

Click here to become a Cadet's Seat Partner for Summer 2016.

Edited by xandandl

Given the Channellettes and other posters complaining already about the not-yet-officially-announced show theme having previously been done by such and such bandos, this is too funny, for real.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/stonehenge-rocks-might-have-come-other-monuments-n476406

plus Tekk (cf next post) found this: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/travel/the-stonehenge-ikea-monument/index.html

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Given the Channellettes and other posters complaining already about the not-yet-officially-announced show theme having previously been done by such and such bandos, this is too funny, for real.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/stonehenge-rocks-might-have-come-other-monuments-n476406

Funny, I just read a similar article on CNN.

It could be about the origin of Stone and how it affected all of humanity via death and despair. Cadets showcasing "Stoned" the show in which the MMs mill off their DM for massive effect points by blowing her head off with a wall of stones(sound).

Could be... then again, this could also just be the typical, run of the mill, Oliver Stone like conspiracy at work too... who knows.

It could be about Stonehenge, statues, pot, the Rolling Stones, the Flintstones, kidney stones, stepping stones, skipping stones, the Lottery, the Stone Temple Pilots, Stonewall Jackson, Estonia....

I might develop bad nightmares thinking of the possible large props if its these are the Stones that will be paid tribute to.

On the other hand, I suppose I might be able to get used the large props in the 2016 Cadets show if their show will be about the 1990's Sharon Stone.

plus Tekk (cf next post) found this: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/travel/the-stonehenge-ikea-monument/index.html

Was definitely not complaining or assuming that is the direction The Cadets are taking.

Think it's a cool thematic area for them to work in if it is the direction they head in, if the "bandos" did it that well I could only imagine what a corps could do with it.

If not I'm sure it'll still be fantastic.

Edited by DrumManTx